Aug 4, 2007

Cub Scout Day Camp




Boys are different than girls. Novel? no. But sometimes this is more apparent than others.
I am filling in for the den leader in our ward and was able to go with Sam and his friend, Vlad to Camp Jeremiah Johnson on Friday. My VERY GOOD friend, Sunny came too (as we were required to have 2 leaders). It's just amazing to see how much Samuel has grown. It's thrilling to see him make good choices and to hear his thoughts on certain issues. It was also good to see so many other boys his age and to realize that, well it's normal for 8 year old boys to laugh at funny sounds and make funny sounds. They goof around and think snakes and frogs are cool. They like to wrestle and be loud in the wild. It was just so fun to see all these boys having a good time and I think they even learn some things too!
Sam is surrounded by his mother and three sisters....sometimes we forget that boys will be boys. :)

3 comments:

Dielle said...

Sonja, looks so fun! Thanks for inviting me to read it! How are you? What's happening with you guys, besides loads of family reunions? We're getting settled in our new house and enjoying living in the country... though Sage is missing her friends terribly.

Keep us posted!

Loretta and Richie said...

I am so excited you guys started a blog! We love keeping up with your cute family. Talk to you soon. Luv ya tons, Loretta

Cranberryfries said...

What a good mom you are to make sure Sammy gets to go up to camp. I've heard it's way fun and from the pictures it sure looks that way! I'm so excited you started a blog!!