How do the emperor penguins survive the winter in Antarctica? They huddle together.
How am I able to function as a wife, mother of four, full-time teacher, cub scout den leader, etc.? I have my sisters! This is a known principle: Women need each other
I just got back from the Relief Society broadcast in Salt Lake. It was the first time I've ever been to a meeting in the conference center and it was WONDERFUL! There were thousands of other woman there. I was particularly struck when we all started singing the opening hymn. I could feel the power of being united in faith with all these woman. We may have different backgrounds and opinions but we were all united in our faith of Jesus Christ and his restored gospel. The speakers were excellent. I am more commited to standing strong and immovable, to being a better visiting teacher and a better mother. I loved President Monson's talk. We are so blessed!
Driving there and back was half the fun! Thank you so much to the ladies who went with me! Thank you Jenny for driving and getting us there safely, despite the snow! I enjoyed being with you so much!


3 comments:
Cool pictures! I'm kind of glad I didn't have to brave the weather to go to the conference center. I've been twice and it is really awesome to be there in person. We had a really nice dinner with a neighboring stake though. Our stake doesn't really have a stake center with a satellite, so we get lucky to get to know our neighboring stakes. Glad you enjoyed it. It was a wonderful meeting, wasn't it?!
I loved getting out of the house for this. I wasn't able to be in Salt lake for it, but I did get to sit with some old friends and catch up with them afterward.
Ditto Ditto! I love RS and the purpose it renews in me as a wife, mother and daughter of God. What a truly inspired organization!
Post a Comment