Oct 27, 2007

Boo at the Zoo and Laughs at the Patch

This was a very busy day! First we went to the zoo. Let me tell you, it WAS A ZOO! I can not believe how crowded it was. I guess the added incentive of candy made all the difference in the world. We had our own special incentive to go because we were meeting some friends. I'm sad to say that we were late and so missed our appointment with Loretta and her kids. But as we were walking in the crowd of people I spotted her and was so excited that I yelled out her name. Then she yelled and I felt like we were school girls again. Even though it was just a quick catch-up it was SO good to see her and her very sweet girls. I snagged this photo from her site.

I have many, many fond memories of Loretta. We met in Junior High, that most turbulent of times and have stayed in touch all these years. I can not tell you how much it means to me. No matter how long a stretch it is in between meetings I always feel like we can pick up right where we left off. Holy cow! It's seems like yesterday that we were swimming, scheming, singing, dreaming, and TP-ing. We once dressed up for Halloween as a two-headed ghost. Good times... :D

We also had the opportunity to meet new friends today at the zoo. I got to meet one of the friends I made through blogging, Cellista, and her three adorable boys. She is just as wonderful as I thought she would be. It was so fun to talk and I hope we can meet again soon!


After the zoo we hurried home to get ready to go to the pumpkin patch with the cub scouts. Our den only has three boys (including Sam). One of the boys was sick today, so it was just 2 scouts, 2 leaders, and 6 tag-a-longs. Very fun!

We tried to clean and straighten things up a bit today too. I gotta tell you, I'm beat!

4 comments:

Sea Star said...

Wow does that sound like a busy day. But a lot of FUN! How great to still be in touch with Jr. high friends. And to meet some newer friends too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what cute kids!! All of them! It was a zoo, but we had a great time meeting you yesterday. We will have to get together when it's not quite so crazy. I asked the boys if they liked our new friends and would like to get together and play again, and A said, "Yeah, I already really like Samuel!"

Loretta and Richie said...

Sonja, Good to see you guys yesterday too... even if was only for a second. Funny times Jr. High and High School were. But your dad kept us in check and we were such good kids:) I laughed at the entry with breakfast and your kids. Reminds me a little of eating breakfast with you at your house. Let's get together soon:)

Ice Cream said...

You and Cellista got to meet? I'm so jealous because you are both my favorite homeschooler blogs to read. Hey, there is a great zoo over here too (hint, hint). It sounds like a great day, and I would be beat too.