Here are some photos of our walk in between sessions:




President Eyring told a story about how the Lord taught him to recognize His hand in his life. Ever since the night that the Lord prompted him to write down his experiences, he has written every night some incident in which the Lord has blessed either him or his family that day. He said that it had greatly increased his testimony and has blessed the lives of his children to be able to look back and see how the Lord is directly involved in our lives and desires to bless us.
I want to do this too.
Last week, there were a couple of days that I was a little tense. Sam could tell. During a particularly stressful time, he gave me this note:

Temper found. Needless to say, this letter softened my heart and was the reminder I needed so much. Straight from heaven to me from my darling, wonderful boy! Truly, this was an answer to prayer. Truly, the Lord knows us and desires for us to be happy and successful in our families. Isn't it wonderful? The hand of the Lord in my life on this day.
7 comments:
I loved Eyring's talk also. It was so heartfelt. It makes me reflect on what I write in my journal. I have decided to stop using my journal as an outlet for frustration and wallowing. I will try to write more often too and keep it about the good things in life rather than what is making me frustrated.
I am going to reread this talk over and over again I think to remind me to look at the everyday blessing we enjoy!
Writing is a joy in itself, why ruin it by writing about the days frustrations?
I use to keep a journal when I was younger, it was a great way to release joy... and then when sorrow creeps in or frustrations I went back to re-read and RE-LIVE it.
Jillian
Love the note, it is so adorable. I too was inspired by Eyring's talk, sounds like a good goal for all of us :)
I love that note you got! How sweet. That was a great talk. I need to write those things down more often too.
Thanks for the comments sea star and be inspired always!
Well, thanks EVERYONE for the comments! I really do enjoy them.
General Conference was really inspiring. The talkts that really hit me were Elder Hilbig's "Quench not the Spirit" and Sister Beck's.
Post a Comment