

Too Soon
Too Soon
The October flurries descend
Like sand in an hour glass.
The uncut roses cry--
too soon!
The unpicked apples moan--
too soon.
The glistening white snow surprises
And beckons my children
Almost before the sun is up.
Too soon.
The boots that protected toddler feet
The hat that is too small
The gloves intended for younger hands
Stare at me from the floor
And I think
Too soon,
Not yet
Too soon.
Not yet
Too soon.
5 comments:
Did you write that? It is perfect!
Well done!
I love your poem. You said exactly what I was thinking when I woke up Sunday morning.
Can I just say that I totally was moved by your poem! Winter in Utah is a little cold for me and has come "too soon!"
You're such a talented writer! Who knew?! I should've guessed, but what a fun poem. It's too true.
Post a Comment