Nov 3, 2007

Smart Habits Saturday:

This week I'm going to tie this fun meme with my smart habits because it's kinda applicable.

*Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It’s more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you’d also like to take. Tag five.

(This is the one I that I took from Ice Cream. This is the one I need for developing the SMART habits I want)

Self Restraint 101. From saying the wrong things to spending too much money, [to eating too much] I would really like to be less impulsive. (Jen, I would take this with you. Maybe it would help me keep my foot out of my mouth.)

Time Management Lab 301. I've read the books and listened to great lectures. Now I need someone to walk me through the application process. I guess it sort-of correlates with Self Restraint 101.

Gardening 201. I've taken one class. Read a few books. But I would love to have a really BIG green thumb and enjoy the fruits of my labors.

Herbology 101. I am intrigued by herbs and would like to know more about their healing properties.

Art 101. My eight and six year olds are much better at drawing than me. My husband is so much better at choosing colors. I feel like a big dolt when it comes to anything artistic.

Musical Theater 300. I was a music education major. I loved it! I've been in a few musicals and SOME DAY I will be Maria in the the Sound of Music (and finish my degree).

Study Abroad. I like to travel and learn about other people and cultures. Who wouldn't want to study in another country?

I am tagging: Bunsy, Loretta, Debbie L., Nicole E., and Emily W.

As for those habits...



I'm sorry to say that I did not meet my goal of going to bed by 10:30 once. Eeek. I did go to bed by 11:30 most of the time. This one is going to need more work and I think a more realistic goal of going to bed by 11pm.

Well.....I did eat a lot LESS sugar than I would have. I'll be better this week.

To learn more about SMART Habit Saturdays head over to The Lazy Organizer and see what everyone else is doing.

****************I am taking a week off from blogging because the kids and I are taking a trip to Wisconsin. Except when we post the giveaway winner on Wednesday. Stay tuned*****************************

7 comments:

Montserrat said...

Musical Theater would be so much fun! I'd like the Herbology class too.

Ice Cream said...

Oooooo, your classes sound so fun!

have a great trip!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Bon Voyage!

I'm finding that a lot of people are joining me for Self Restraint...glad to have you joining us!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'll go on study abroad anytime. I always wanted to and never did so I could graduate in 4 years, which was the right decision, but still...

Rebecca said...

Have a fun vacation! Don't stress too much over your habits - you're on vacation right?

Bertie said...

Great courses Sonja!! Have so much fun on your upcoming trip:) And thanks so much for the pictorial section just for me!! I felt so incredibly honored:) You are beautiful and I love seeing your smiling face!! Jeremy and your kids aren't bad either:)

An Ordinary Mom said...

You know there is a problem when your 6 year old could draw better than you at the age of 4. Yikes! Even my stick figures are crooked. I always joke that my older brother stole all the art genes in the family.

Maybe we can both try and go to bed on time this week :) !!