Dec 14, 2007

Sankta Lucia and Christmas Sleighs

We had fun doing our own little Sankta Lucia celebration tonight. I would give you some background on the celebration but Jen over at Lords of the Manor wrote a fantastic post about this holiday. Please go and read it, it's really interesting. You can read it here.
Here's what our Lucias looked like.




We also painted Santa Sleighs! The best part was adding the candy.



Only 11 more days until Christmas!

4 comments:

Bertie said...

WOW!! I love the sleighs and the costumes! How fun! Elise is so beautiful:)

Ice Cream said...

Am i the only person NOT doing Santa Lucia this year? I have got to jump on the bandwagon. =) Actually I am LOVING all the posts I'm finding about Santa Lucia and I think I now have enough ideas to do it with my children next year.
Love the pics.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

The kids are adorable, and I love the crowns? Did you do cinnamon rolls in place of lussikatter? I think we are considering that for next year because saffron is expensive and wasn't a big hit with my family.

Thanks for the link!

Emily Widdison said...

your posts always want me to try homeschooling my kids, and then I remember how much I love having Isaac at school a few hours a week each week...it is my sane time:) But great job! love all the decor and celebrations!