1. I am going to turn 31 soon.
2. I'm currently living in the city where I was born.
3. I've lived in 5 other states and 2 other countries in between.
4. I've been in a few musicals.
5. I sang the Finnish national anthem for the Finnish President in his home.
6. I have one sister
7. and two brothers.
8. I am the oldest.
9. I make home made Pizza almost every Friday night.
10. It's pretty good.
11. I have four entertaining children.
12. 1 boy
13. 3 girls
14. I studied Music ed in college.
15 Never got my degree.
16 I do plan on finishing
17. hopefully soon.
18. I am now an aunt to a guy a graduated from high school with.
19. My husband is the youngest of 8 children.
20. We met at a singles ward.
21 Our first date was to a French film called, "Celestial Clockwork"
22. Is he good or what?
23. We were married 8 and a half months later.
24. I was a June bride.
25. Our first baby came 2 years later.
26. Before I was married I had a few odd jobs.
27 I was a life guard in high school.
28. I never saved any one's life.
29. I was a hostess at Sheri's.
30. I was working at a luggage store in the mall when I met Jeremy.
31. He came into the store one day and asked about luggage.
32. He also asked for my phone number.
33. I can be pretty emotional sometimes.
34. I played water polo in high school.
35. And swam on the swim team.
36. I just barely made the team.
37. My best friend was the team captain.
38. I really like sugar.
39. I have for years.
40. My dentist could tell you that.
41. One of the countries I lived in was Germany.
42. I was there when the Berlin wall came down.
43. But now I can't donate blood or plasma.
44. (anyone who lived in Europe during a certain time period can not donated blood)
45. Apparently, they are worried about mad cow disease.
46. I've never really been a potato chip fan.
47. But I LOVE corn chips and homemade salsa.
48. Are you still with me?
49. I like old-fashioned things.
50. I really like to play the piano.
51. I use to be pretty good.
52. That's what I was doing when Jeremy first noticed me.
53. I played the piano for the singles ward.
54. I was too chicken to play the organ at that time.
55. I've never broken a bone.
56. I've never had stitches.
57. Oh, never mind, I have.
58. I like to read.
59. I especially like to read the newspaper in the morning.
60. It's almost a ritual.
61. I also really like to read the scriptures.
62. I HAVE to read the scriptures everyday. Otherwise, I get cranky.
63. I have a temper.
64. I'm currently serving as the nursery leader in our ward.
65. I love hiking in the mountains or canyons.
66. I love coming home to all my modern conveniences.
67. I sometimes wish humans were hibernating creatures.
68. You could pig out in the fall, sleep all winter and wake up skinny in the spring.
69. Come on! Who wouldn't love that?
70. I would love to sail in the Mediterranean Sea someday.
71. I would also love to go back to Europe and explore small cobblestone alleys.
72. I have visited a restaurant in Sweden that has been in operation since the 1600's.
73. It was very cool.
74. I've never been good at taking personality tests.
75. I guess I'm still trying to figure out who I am.
76. I've been called a granola girl.
77. My dad is a genius.
78. No really. He is.
79. He's also a wonderful person and marrying my mom made him not only the smartest
80. but the luckiest guy as well.
81. I also have really great in-laws.
82. Do you know the song, "I'm my own grandpa"?
82. Or "Grandma's Lye-soap"?
83. If you do, then you can be on my list of cool people.
84. I played the clarinet in Jr. High.
85. All roads lead to Rome.
86. I've been there.
87. It was dirty.
88. But the Sistine Chapel was glorious.
89. I have T.P.ed a few houses in my day.
90. I will never ever do it again.
91. I love homeschooling my kids.
92. I'm not the best housekeeper.
93. I'm not the worst either.
94. I like to really get to know people.
95. I think everyone has an interesting story.
96. I'm not really an animal person.
97. I admire them most when they are living in their natural habitat.
98. Or at the zoo.
99. We will only ever have Mac computers. (Thanks to my husband)
100. I have credits from three different colleges and universities.
101. I plan on getting some more.
WOW! You did it. I did it. Thanks for being with me for the ride. I really love blogging. As if this incredibly enlightening reading were not enough, I'm throwing in a fun treat.
Would you like to make a foaming monster? How about rainbows or illustrate why the sky is blue during the day and red when the sun sets? I love this book because it is hands on learning and most of the stuff you already have in your house. My kids have devoured this book.If you would like to enter to win this giveaway, please leave me a comment with your email where I can reach you to send you this fantastic book. My lovely 3 year old assistant, Claire will choose the lucky winner on the 16th of January in the evening.
You can find this, and other fantastic books at my store: sonjasfunbooks.com
You you can get lots of FREE books by hosting a party. Please email me if you are interested.
sonja@sonjasfunbooks.com
14 comments:
That was really fun for me to read. I actually learned a few new things about you:)
Hey Sonja!
Yes- I loved reading ALL about you too!:)I think I know "I'm my own Grandpa" It sounds familiar anyhow- so can I please, please be on your cool people list?? If not;)- I will keep trying because YOU are worth it!:) You rock!
I loved reading about you! How cool that you sang the Finnish national anthem to the Finnish president. I would like to hear that story sometime.
That was a fun read! I think my next post will be my 100th so I'm trying to decide what to do. I am not an animal person either which is kind of hard when you live on a farm and have chickens and a horse. I do love the horse though. He likes me. Comes over to the fence as soon as I go outside and waits for me to come rub his nose and talk to him.
I missed 100 posts, and just passed 200 but wasn't about to attempt that! I like #91, 92, and 93. I was in Germany before the Wall fell and Rome was dirty, wasn't it. I still loved it!
I loved reading this and learning more about you. I like sugar too!
101 things is hard to write, but it is fun for us to read. Thanks for sharing.
We too love our Mac. Both my husband and I won't ever have anything else.
Wow! I loved reading that. You are such a wonderful, interesting person. I keep forgetting to email you my blog so here it is wwwgasallsoftware.com/blog its corny but fun :)
I loved reading all those interesting facts about you! It is so fun to learn new things about someone! Maybe everyone should do a post like that. Love ya!
My son is always asking me to do experiments and I am just not that creative...pick me, pick me! But if I don't win, I would like to buy this book for his birthday. Let me know poppythatcher@yahoo.com
Fun post to read. I wonder if I could come up with 101 things about me...I'm afraid I'm not that interesting.
I seem to have all the books that you give away. I LOVE this book because the experiments are fast, easy, and super fun for the kids. We call it our "fun" science book because we don't wait till an experiament matches a lesson, we just do them whenever we want.
Yay, I can be on your cool list 'cause I know I'm My Own Grampa. I love these lists because it shows a lot how people brains work to come up with 100 random things. (I couldn't even get all the way through my own list)
Fun stuff, Maynard! I already knew most of the list and that made it even more fun for me because getting to know these facts about you over the years has made me love you more and more. You are so awesome!
P.S. Does your husband burst out into Grandma's Lie Soap at the dinner table like mine does?
Pick me Pick me!! I love ya Sonja!! :) Cheri Best
Sounds like a cool contest. My son has been making crystals lately, and that has been really interesting.
I didn't know you were a swimmer! I was, too, and I love water polo! And I played the clarinet in Jr. High, too! We have so much more in common than you realize until you read things like this. :) You're awesome.
And I think that's amazing that you were in Germany when the wall came down! How exciting! And did you know that they've changed the rules on who can donate blood now? Because I served in Poland they wouldn't let me do it, either, and I used to go all the time, but they've changed that now so you can. At least the last time I heard it was changed, so I hope it still is!
Post a Comment