This was one of my favorite (dearest, beloved, preferred) Christmas presents. I've been in a word rut (habit, routine) for a while and so, this was on my Christmas list. I've enjoyed perusing and learning from this gift. You, dear reader, can now behold my expanded vocabulary and you too can benefit from taking a thesaurus in with you to the potty. :D1. My husband and I tend to vacillate on where we should move.
2. You could say our family is xanthous.
3. I sometimes have a tendency to aggrandize a story.
4. Now that Christmas is over, I am anxiously awaiting a verdant spring.
5. Chronometry was on our minds this week as we rang in the New Year.
6. I can be a little insipid when it comes to house work.
7. I have a bothersome carbuncle on my pinkie toe.
8. Claire was born with a considerable amount of bravura.
9. Anna is sweet and gentle, but sometimes surprises us with a vociferous tantrum.
10. I'm praying for vicissitude this year.
11. I'm not going to lie, I love it when people adulate to me.
12. I like to shop, ad valorem.
13. Perhaps you can think of your own context for this one: ne plus ultra (Latin for that which is peerless; the ultimate)
Ha ha! There you have it. I'm a bona fide (real, genuine, authentic) nerd.
The sledding is really good (worth-while, pleasant, thorough) right now.
6 comments:
YEAH!! I'm starting to LOVE new words ! And I think I just learned about 13 new ones:) LOL! I have got to start somewhere right! Thanks for the vocabulary post:)
What a good post! I love words which probably has something to do with Scrabble being my favorite game to play. However I really need to work on using all the words I know in my writing and even speaking.
Ha, and they do make good 'throne' reading!
Must you be so turgid? This has me smiling, and using my dictionary.
I think I need to look up (search, study, inspect) a few of those words (phrases, terms, utterances). We have a thesaurus right here next to the desk and I don't use it often (frequently, repeatedly) enough. You have inspired me.
That post made me cry at the beginning and LOL at the end! My kids think I'm nuts! (You can look up other word for that! My thesaurus is at work!) I just love your bloggings!
Sonja, I loved this! I, too, love learning new words and expanding expand my vocabulary...you've inspired me to reach for greater heights!
Post a Comment