Some other highlights include:
Hair cuts! I took Sam to get his haircut and while we were waiting, Elise announced that she would also like to have her hair cut. I asked her if she was sure and she said she was, so she went to the barber's chair too. I've always thought she look cute with a bob. She loves it. Of course when we got home Claire said, "Mom, I want my hair to be like Elise's." Claire's hair is already short-ish. So, I just trimmed the back a little. She and Elise were so funny! They pranced around saying, "We are twins because we have the same hair!" The shared the same chair at dinner and Elise let Claire sleep in her bed, all because they have the same hair. (It's not really the same--but who am I to ruin a good thing)
Primary Activity! Sam, Elise and Claire all had fun at the Primary Activity on Saturday. Claire was so excited to be able to finally go. Jeremy and I went for a walk with Anna while they were gone and reminisced about the time we just had one child. It was nice.
Rain! My kids and I played out in the rain for about an hour on Friday. It was glorious.
Jogging! I finally went jogging again this week. Just a few times, mind you, but it is a start. I'm really looking forward to making this a daily habit. It just feels so good to sweat! I sleep better, eat better and generally feel so much better if I can exercise.
Movie! We all went to the dollar theater last night to see "Enchanted". We all thought it was a pretty good movie. We especially liked the scene "How does she know" in the park. Anna was great! She sort-of slept through most of the movie. Even Sam admitted to liking it, although, he was embarrassed by a few things. It was the first time we have ever gone all together to the movies and I say, it was a success.

Rome! We have really enjoyed reading and learning about the rise of Rome this week. Just so fascinating. Sam is reading everything we have on Rome. Elise thinks it would be cool to be raised by wolves, but not cool to be a gladiator.
Scripture Study: Mormon 1-5
"But, behold, the judgements of God will overtake the wicked; and it is by the wicked that the wicked are punished;" (Mormon 4:5)
This scripture really stood out to me this week. It must have been so hard for Mormon to write about these things. Painfully heart-breaking. How he must have longed for the time of peace that was recorded just 200 years before. Yet, the remarkable thing is, he stayed. He stayed true and faithful. What an example. I felt impressed to stress this to my children as we read this chapters.
Samuel:
* Saxon 5/4 lesson 61-63 Investigation 6
* Language Arts: Unit 3 lesson 4-5
* Spelling:
* Memorization:."the Arrow and the Song"
* Reading: Stories from Shakespeare, Greek Myths, Roman History, Across the Alley, River Town, Mountain Town, Prarie Town, Pokemon books
* Journal writing:good
* Science: more Bird Watching
* Piano: "Grumpy Old Troll"
* Art: Paper airplane folding
* Composer: Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel
* SOTW: Chapter 27: The Rise of Rome (We still really liked our Usborne book of Ancient History)
* Geography: Italy
* Cub Scouts: Blue and Gold banquet a success!
Elise:
* Saxon 2 lessons 61-64.
* Language Arts: Complete sentences, punctuation
* Spelling: side, tree, birds, eat, fly, away, hangs, how, count, use, poured, tie, string, write, sight
* Reading: Usborne book of Bedtime Stories, Pig's ABC, Across the Alley, Around the World in Eighty Days
* Journal writing: good
* memorization: "The Arrow and the Song"
* Science: bird watching
* SOTW: see above
* Piano: "Fireflies" Elise has moved to the next level book!
* Composer: Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel
* Art:
* 50 States Book: Florida
Claire: Letter T activities. So happy to be a Sunbeam. Some funny Claire-isms:
At Cosco; Me "Where's Claire?" Claire, "Hey look! Here's your sweetie!"
After coming into the kitchen to find Claire mopping up the floor; "Mom, sometimes Sunbeams spill drinks too. It's okay though, because Jesus still loves me. Do you still love me?"
"Mom just pretend that you said I can have candy."
Anna: Got her bangs cut. I wasn't going to do it. But....I just had too. She was taking out her ponies all the time and then her hair would just go right in her eyes. So, that's the way it goes with our girls when they are 1 and 2. Other wise, she is doing well. She is saying 2 and 3 word sentences now. She can pretty much say any word. She can even count to 3! (Okay, don't be too impressed. It's only because I count all the time to get the kids to do things.)





8 comments:
So are you saying it was nice when you only had one child as opposed to now? :D Just had to ask because of the way you wrote that.
You've had quite a busy week!
Cocoa--I see what you mean. Well, yes, it was nice because we only had one child.
BUT-It is 4 times as nice now.
AND 4 times as loud,busy, messy AND four times as wonderful. :)
As primary Secretary I'm going to my first Blue and Gold in just a few weeks. I think the hair twins are sooo cute. My best friend and I used to do the same thing any time we had the same hair cut, the same shirt, or even the same owie. It makes for precious memories.
Just last week all the kids were in bed, except for little Sweet Terror. We played around with her and felt the same fond rememberance of just having one. There is something grand about being able to focus on just one little chubby baby (with out a Monster Man flying out of nowhere and body slamming you).
P.S. That scripture is fascinating. It makes my mind wonder at that last part, "It is by the wicked that the wicked are punished." Hmmmmmm
Cub Scouts is one of the things I know nothing about. It seems like a whole different world. I guess in a few years I will find out all about it and how it works.
Sounds like you had a busy week!
I too sometimes take only one child out to do something and boy does it seem strange to not have to heard the whole brood. Nice change :)
You are always so busy! The pictures are adorable. I love having one on one time with each of my children, what a blessing!
I laughed at the 1-2-3 comment and not for us to be impressed, because you say it all the time to your kids! LOL!
Mine was 5-4-3-2-1 before any of them could count forwards!
I love the cute things Claire has said recently! And isn't it weird to only have one with you. You forget what it was like, though it is nice. And congrats to Samuel on his wolf badge. Scouting is so off my radar, but we're getting close.
It seems like you do so much when you list it all out!! I'm curious as to exactly how you fit it all in. Care to share your daily schedule? I do great with my one school-age child, but trying to do that much for more than one is tricky! C always seems to get shortchanged.
Do you have a 5th or 4th grader- I have a 4th...It would be fun to compare notes on what you are using!
Post a Comment