Apr 6, 2008

Crossing the Rubicon

Narmer had Egypt
King Minos had Crete
Shamshi-Adad had the world
For a time.

So did Cyrus, Alexander, Augustus and Caesar
Their conquests and triumphs we
Read and admire.
Many have come with their hopes
And aspire
To greatness and glory and fame.

I felt the 'umph' in triumph today
I conned the quest in conquest.
I crossed the Rubicon,
Half of Provo as well, (not quite)
A better time to claim.

We turned the corner
Our purpose in sight
We ignored the pain
And roared with might!
Forward, onward, victorious flight!
Now 36:02 will be by my name.

5 comments:

Poppy said...

You go girl! That is awesome time...a nearly 20 minute improvement! You are my new hero!

Sonja said...

Hey Poppy! We missed you. Hope the interview went well. Thanks for the cheer!

You know, this is how dense I am. I figured out later that the time I saw at the other race was the time for the 10Kers. So I actually ran that race 15 minutes faster than I thought: 39min.
So, a 4 min. improvements still okay, right? :)

Tara said...

Sonja! Way to go! I got your message...thanks for the invite...we are sick at my house so I decided to pass on this one.
If you guys are still looking to move...I have a # for you...let me know!

Ice Cream said...

Woo Hoo! You give me hope for myself.

Samuel said...

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolll!