Apr 23, 2008

A Night You Won't Want to Miss

Erin Guinup is a friend of mine and she just happens to be an exceptional soprano. She has been teaching voice for many years and is a pillar in the music community in Tacoma. This promises to be a magnificent event and I encourage all who can attend to go and support this effort to get opera to everyone! (I'm sorely tempted to pack all the kids in the van and make the 14 hour drive myself!)


Host: Erin Guinup
Location: First Lutheran Church
524 South I St, Tacoma, WA 98418 US

When: Saturday, May 3, 7:00PM
Phone: 253.472.8013

Dear Friends,

I am excited to invite you to the inaugural concert of a new local arts organization, Rainier Family Opera. This organization has the mission of providing free opera performances to the community with an outreach effort to first-time opera-goers. We intend to hold quarterly fundraising concerts and use an all-volunteer staff to accomplish this mission.


Our first concert is on Saturday, May 3rd at 7:00pm at the First Lutheran Church in Tacoma (524 S. I St. Tacoma, WA 98405). This program will feature four sopranos in scenes from Hansel and Gretel (I am singing Gretel) and a variety of arias and duets from Carmen, Cosi fan Tutte, Faust and more. Admission is pay-what-you-can with all donations being applied to future full-stage opera productions. More information can be found at www.rainierfamilyopera.blogspot.com. An after-concert reception will be held downstairs in the church.


1 comment:

Ice Cream said...

I am going to alert all my homeschool friends and see if we can put together a "field trip" for this. Thank you for letting me know about it.

I'd love it if you did come, then we could meet. =)