I delight in the messages given.
I appreciated Sheldon F. Child's reminder to pay tithing. Especially the part about being able to pay off our debts if we are faithful in our tithes.
I learned from Elder Oaks' talk on testimony and Elder Christofferson's talk on being born again.
I thought President Eyring was inspired when he spoke of improvements he saw being made in the church.
I agreed with Elder Holland when he spoke of seeing the prophetic mantel settle on President Monson. I also loved his message about the scriptures.
Elder Bednar taught me when he said that the missionaries are the teachers and we are the finders; that we shouldn't be praying for the missionaries to do our work.
I want to be set apart from the crowd, like Elder Neunschwander taught.
I was impressed with Elder Wickman's journey back to Vietnam.
I made sure my husband and children were listening to Elder Ballard's talk.
President Monson made us smile again and again. It was so special to be able to participate in the sollemn assembly and sustain him as our new prophet and president of our church.
I delight in the mess.
Because my children were quiet and busy while we watched conference both Saturday and Sunday. This is what our living room looked like this weekend as we listened:
I delight in the food eaten.This was a yummy dinner we enjoyed on Sunday:
Sort-of Thai Peanut Chicken and Rice

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
1 onion diced
1/4 cup oil
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
salt, cayenne pepper
Sauce
1 (15 oz) can of coconut milk
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1-2 teaspoons fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
dash of cayenne pepper and salt
1/3 cup sugar
a couple of hand fulls of cilantro leaves.
cook the chicken with the oil, spices and garlic in the skillet until golden. Then add onion. Mix sauce ingredients in a separate bowl. Once onion in skillet is transparent, add sauce and simmer on low heat for 20 min. stirring occasionally.
This goes great with jasmine rice. Top with fresh cilantro.
Mom's Fluffy Lemon Cake

One box lemon cake mix
One 15oz can lemon pie filling
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
3/4 cup water
Mix cake ingredients together well. Bake in grease (bottom only) 9 x13 pan at 325 degrees for about 30 mins. or until golden. Once cake has cooled top with fluffy topping:
one 4oz box lemon pudding (prepared with 1 cup milk--it should be very thick)
Blend in one small carton of whipped topping.
Enjoy!
9 comments:
I love the way you summarized the conference talks. They were all so amazingly good. Our family room looks like a tornado went through it. I had my son down there this morning picking up all the little red and white pegs from their Battleship game off the floor. I'm sure it will take the rest of today to finish cleaning.
Wasn't conference so great! I feel inspired to be better. I can't wait to make your lemon cake. It looks so delicious!!!
My husband was rolling his eyes during conference because after each talk I said, "wow, what a great talk!" Or something to that effect. But it was a really exceptional conference.
What a nice post to read about conference. We loved it so much, too, this go around. President Monson is going to be a wonderful prophet. :)
I loved Ballard's talk to. Good stuff in it for every member of the family. :)
Seems like at the end of each conference we always comment (in our family) how it was the best ever.
i need to learn to delight in the conference mess. it makes me a little bit crazy (some times a lot), but it does allow me to hear conference, which is most important.
i delight in general conference. now if i can just apply what i've learned this weekend!
I so enjoyed conference! The talks were all wonderful. I think I'll be quoting from Elder Ballard's talk whenever I feel I need a day long break. :D
I loved your recap! I loved seeing your kids busy while you all listened to conference, and I loved the looks of all the yummy food.
As always, you inspire me.
I am using the recipes! The cake sound yummy! I loved this talk to....I hope you don't mind if I borrow your little "delight" theme. That sounds just like a blog theme that would make my day! You just are delightful yourself! Thanks for sharing the recipes
Hi Sonja, How are you? i echo your sentiments about conference as well. I made Alexis sit down when Elder Ballard spoke. Of course 10 minutes later she couldn't remember what he said. Looks like you guys are doing well. Maybe we'll make it to Utah sometime soon to see you.
Love, Analisa
Post a Comment