Jeremy was in New York last week and came home last night. His group from school won this amazing silver pencil award for their work on this intro to the Typophile Film Festival in Seattle. BYU sent a couple of guys to NY to go receive it. I was a little bummed that I couldn't go with him. Actually, bummed is an understatement.BUT...did I wallow in self pity?
Heck no.
I went to work and got lots done while he was gone. (He wasn't here to save me from myself) Here are 13 things that I did to help me:
1. Party!! We celebrated Sam's birthday with some friends on Saturday. It was low key, but very fun. I wish I had Michal and Ice Cream's talent with cake making. I just went to Costco and got this HUGE cake. We had cake for days, even though I gave a lot of it away.
2. I painted the living room. I've been staring at dirty, white, mostly blank walls for 4 years. I WANT COLOR!! So, I did it. It was Martha Stewart's "wooden spoon" color with a "green tea" accent color. I think it looks fabulous.
3. I painted the kitchen. Yep, I got done with the living room and looked into the kitchen and just had to do something about the dirty, white walls in there too.
3. I painted the girls' bunk beds. Uh huh, I'm dangerous with paint.
4. I dug out some of our pictures from a box and hung them up when the paint was dry.
5. We went to a nursing home with Cheri and her kids and made some new friends.
6. I'm half way through season 2 in Lost now.
7. I spent an hour trying to get nail polish out of Anna's hair. Mineral oil does work.
8. We planted more tomatoes and green peppers.
9. I also planted some flowers in the front.
10. I cleaned the carpet.
11. We organized/ de-junked the kids' rooms.
12. We watched the first lightening storm of the season.
13. I ate half a bag of York Peppermint patties and cried while reading Abigail's letters to John. I guess I did wallow a little.
9 comments:
Fun painting and cleaning and birthdays and such. I bet Jeremy was pleasantly surprised when he got home. Maybe you could post a picture of your new wall colors!
Hey I just made my blog private. If you want to be able to read it email me at srhanthony@yahoo.com.
Glad you had such a fun, productive week. What I saw of the house looked great. Do you want to come do ours? :)
You are awesome Sonja! I bet your place looks fabulous! I agree, you should post some pics of your handiwork! Hey, and we're almost through season 2 in Lost also! We never really watched it on TV before, but now we've discovered all the episodes on the internet and it's so much more fun. We don't have to keep waiting a week for the next one to come out... plus, we just have decided we really like the show... :) So, congrats on that too! :)
wow. you can come spend your week at my house anytime. just one of those painting jobs would have made me feel proud of myself. i want to see pictures!
thanks for the compliment on the cakes. when it comes to decorating them, i must give all the credit to my sister:)
ps. i love lost!
I'm so glad he won for that film, it was fantastic!
Can you bring your paint brush over here? I hate my white walls. One of the few things I hate about renting is white walls.
I'm sorry you didn't get to go to NY. I felt the same way when my hubby went to Chicago and was treated like a king for 4 days while I ate mac-n-cheese, pb&js and couldn't sleep.
Great Scott Woman...Your a human cyclone!!
Nail polish in the hair????? Ok, we've never done that before. lol
You and a can of paint are a dangerous combination. ;)
Wow, that made me tired just reading about what you did! When do we get to see pictures of the newly painted rooms?
Post a Comment