Last week seemed incredibly long and yet, when I stop to collect my thoughts and write this post, it seems like it flew by. It was busy and eventful and of course now I'm pretty tired and don't really feel like writing so this will be a condensed report.Let's see...I didn't write a report last weekend because Jeremy was gone to NY city. It's no fun being a single mom. I really respect the women who do it and are successful at it. The good news is, Jeremy's project did well at the show!! We're really excited about that.

We finished "Little Britches," which was an excellent book and is now one of our favorites.
Here are some pictures of all the painting that was done. I just painted two walls in the living room. I wish I had "before" pictures. You are just going to have to take my word for what an improvement it is.


We went to the library.

We did school work too this week. Math, reading, writing, green hour, and piano.


We were very excited to have Grandma and Grandpa (Jeremy's parents) AND Mummu and Pappa (my parents) visit us this weekend! (I'm waiting for grandma to send me some pictures they took on Sunday of everyone. I can't believe we didn't get one.) We celebrated birthdays (Sam's, Anna's--next week, my brother's, and Grandpa's) and my other brother's graduation, AND Mother's Day. We got another big cake from Costco.


I'm a den leader and this week we had our pinewood derby. It was very fun! Jeremy and Sam made cars and raced them. Sam's is on the far left (and was very fast) and Jeremy's is right next to it. All the boys did a great job on their cars!


We had a very nice Mother's day. It was so wonderful to have both my mom and Jeremy's mom here. I love and respect them so much.
Unfortunately, we had a touch of the stomach flu. Sam was pretty sick on Sunday. My dad was wonderful and stayed with him while we went to church. He even cleaned my chairs! Sam felt much better today, but...Claire is now sick. And so it goes...
Motherhood is just not glamorous AT ALL. This was my thought as I cleaned up the vomit all over my bedroom today. But who wants glamor? I mean, really. At the end of the day, my children's happiness is infinitely more satisfying than any prestige the world could give me. I'm sure of it and I would not have it any other way. And now if you'll excuse me, I need to go chant this a few more times in a meditative state.
Scripture Study: Through Nephi 4
It's been nice to start back at the beginning. This time, I'm letting Sam and Elise do most of the reading.
I think it is incredibly significant that when Lehi decided to take his family into the wilderness, Nephi prayed to know that what his father was doing was right.
When Lehi asks Nephi and his brothers to go back to Jerusalem, Nephi has faith that the Lord will provide a way for them to get the plates. Did the Lord hand them over the first time they ask Laban? No. And not the second time either. Did Nephi's faith waiver? No. Then his faith was put to the ultimate test. The Lord asked him to kill Laban. Why? I wonder why the Lord doesn't just give him a heart attack. Why does Nephi have to kill him? Is it a test of his faith? His Abrahamic sacrifice? I think so. Nephi trusts the Lord and is obedient because, "it is better that one man should perish than a whole nation dwindle in unbelief." But the key is, Nephi was obedient, and his faith never wavered.
5 comments:
Hope the flu comes and goes very quickly!
Isn't Little Britches wonderful? A movie seriously needs to be made from it. I'd love to see all the horse tricks.
could you do a more extensive review on little britches? (in your free time:) i've not heard of it before.
My sister just told me that she refuses to give me any more book suggestions until I finish reading Little Britches. =)
I have always wondered why Nephi had to kill Laban. It is one of the questions I'm hoping to be able to have answered in the afterlife. =)
Sounds like a whirlwind of a week.
Have to say.....Little Britches.....that's a favorite book of ours too.
Your blog always gives me a smile....I sincerely enjoy reading it. :)
Throwing up is definitely the worse. It's so messy. I really can't stand the smell either. I hope it leaves your family very soon.
I love reading about your observations about the scriptures.
Post a Comment