Jun 7, 2008

It's tough to be two


Today.

Got dressed by myself.

Had Cherrios.

Got mad when mom didn't give me more right away and threw bowl on floor.

Bowl broke.

Sat in time out while mom cleaned up broken pieces.

Played with my sisters.

Practiced sitting exactly the same way Elise does.

Got feet all muddy in garden.

Walked on mom's clean floor.

Tried for 10 minutes to tell mom something really important until she finally understood me: "Ine scary sado." "I'm scared of shadows."

Helped mom fold laundry.

Escaped out front door with mom's bra.

Sat in time out again.

Ate my chicken sandwich and applesauce lunch.

Fell off my chair backwards and bumped my head.

Went for a walk with every one.

Scraped my knee and cried real hard until mom was able to put a band aid on.

Swung on the swing.

Ate mom's pizza.

Went out to play again.

Sat in a pile of ants.

Got stung by ants on my arms and legs and cried.

Took a bath.

Screamed for a while because I want my binky back that mom took away from me.

Finally went to sleep.

And tomorrow, we get to do it all again!

19 comments:

Loretta and Richie said...

Oh Sonja, we are in that stage too! Believe it or not, this post made me feel so much better. Good Luck!

Christine said...

I'm roaring!

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit!

This made me laugh so hard! We know it's hard to be 3 some days. Honestly, it's hard to be 33 some days!

Sea Star said...

Oh... does this sound so familiar!

Gotta love two year olds.

It is a hard life for them.... and everyone around them!

Charity said...

Sounds like a normal day here too. Instead of helping mom fold laundry it would be helped mom unfold all the laundry she just folded. I couldn't stop laughing at the escaped out front door with mom's bra part that cracked me up. Priceless!!

Mattie Rae said...

I loved it! Great post!

Amber M. said...

And it tough to be a mommy to a two-year-old, too.

What a great idea to document the "challenges" of a day! It made me giggle...

Alan and Jeni said...

That is so funny! What a cutie.

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

What a hectic day. I always want to share posts like these with those people who ask me what I do at home all day. As you know, multiply this by 4 and that's mine (and yours) day.

Ice Cream said...

This is wonderful! I really need to do this for my two youngest. Loved hearing about a two year old's day. From their perspective life really can be hard. =)

Becky J. said...

Oh dear, that made me tired and stressed just reading that list! Sophie's enterting tantrum city and I'm not loving it at all. Why do the terrible twos really go from like 1 to 4? And then you have another one come along so you're perpetually in them? Good thing these kiddos are so cute that we love 'em all anyway, eh? What a good mom you are.

Angela said...

This is very cute and will be so fun to have down the road!

Anonymous said...

Daannnngggg! That is so cute! Thank you for writing it down and sharing it with us! That makes me wish so bad that I would have written everything down with my three oldest girls.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Awww, she's so cute! This is so funny.

Claudia Orgill said...

Wayyy cute. That needs to be the first of a children's book series!

Hilarious!

Amy said...

You didn't say if she was actually wearing the bra, and whether or not there were witnesses. I guess we will just have to imagine the worst.

Great list! And that was just what she did that you happened to see!

Michal said...

adorable post and quite funny. anyone who has parented a two-year-old can relate, even if anna put her personal touches on the day. i loved the photo of "dressed myself" and the swing.

Cranberryfries said...

Ok I'm totally behind on reading blogs but I just had to say, I'm right there with ya! Sometimes I wonder how much is personality and how much is age. Good to know I'm not alone in my wonderment. :)

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.