Jun 24, 2008

Outdoor Hour


We are lucky to live close to a nice river trail. If we follow that trail for about a half mile we come to a nice playground and park. My kids often ask if we can go to the park. Yesterday was no exception.

The trail, and all of nature, is teeming with life. Every possible thing is blooming right now. The smell is glorious, even if the histamines trifle with my nose and eyes. The cottonwood makes a mess. It's everywhere. It looks magical when it falls through the sunlight onto the green earth.


The bees are busy pollinating the blackberries. We can't wait to pick the ripe berries next month.
The swallows' babies are leaving their nests. There are quite a few nests on the overhang of this bridge along the river. Their nests are fascinating. The birds move so quickly, I couldn't get a decent picture of one.
The ducklings are growing up. They almost look like their mom and dad now. *sniff* It happens so fast.


The park, of course, was fun. Even out in the hot afternoon sun.
And the ride/walk home....

6 comments:

Amber M. said...

What a perfect day!

I'm jealous...fresh blackberries soon? I'm comin' to visit!!

Ice Cream said...

Your nature pictures are always so educational (and beautiful). And I love the new photos and captions of your kids pics in the side bar. =)

nicole said...

Sonja,
I've spent the past little while just catching up on reading your blog and seeing what you guys have been up to. I always love reading about what your sweet little family. Also, I need to congratulate you on your new purchase! I have the Rebel xti, and I absolutely love it...and am certain you guys will love yours, too! You have already taken some pretty amazing photos with it! Great Job!

Angela said...

I have to agree you pics are waa laa! What lens are you using. I am glad that you are still alive- and I am not having nightmares anymore about you. I guess no more blogging for me before bedtime!

Michal said...

i read this post days ago and never commented. lame.
looks like a great time was had by all. i love the pictures of the walk/ride home!:)

Matthews Family said...

I miss living right next to the Provo Trail so much, not that I live so incredibly far, but it just takes longer to get to it.