Jul 21, 2008

There were never such devoted sisters....


I have two brothers and one sister. I am the oldest.

My sister is my longest and dearest friend.

We are 21 months apart in age. She loves me even though she has seen me at my very worst. She has cheered me on when I'm trying my best.

We haven't lived in the same state for a while and it has been wonderful to be here in Wisconsin together.

She and her husband have the most darling little boy. She is expecting her second child, a girl, August 29th. I can't wait to see her!!

Erica is strength. She is quiet and fiercely loyal to those she loves. She is adventurous--jumping out of airplanes, scuba-diving, mountain climbing, to name a few adventures. She is a wonderful mother and wife and daughter. She is beautiful.

And she is the best sister.

Our father was in the military when we were growing up. Which means we moved a lot. It was so nice to know that no matter where we went I would always have a friend.

We made up silly songs in the car on long trips.

We dressed my brothers up and put make-up on them when they were too young to get mad at us.

We sang in choir together.

We built forts together.

We made silly movies together.

We endured piano lessons together.

We cried together.

We laugh.... she cracks me up.




I love you poops! Hang in there. Only 5 weeks to go! We miss you already.

11 comments:

Loretta and Richie said...

What a sweet post. You and Erica are so blessed to have each other. I sure hope my girls can be as close as you and Erica have been. A pre-congratulations to Erica!

Michal said...

i have a sister who is 17 months younger. i can relate so much to everything you said. because of my relationship with her, i really hope that my daughter gets a sister some day.
it looks like you really enjoyed your time together in wisconsin.

Amber M. said...

Isn't she DARLING? That belly is to die for cute.

The wonder woman under-roo picture is priceless.

Rindee said...

Oh, I miss Erica! I haven't heard from her in probably more than 10 years. You two were so fun to grow up with and such good examples of how family should be. Thanks for posting some great pictures.

Montserrat said...

That first picture is so prophetic. How did you know you would both grow up to be "wonder woman"?

Unknown said...

How wonderful it must be to have a sister! And especially such a wonderful sister. I love the pictures of you two when you were young. Those are priceless!

Jill Hunt said...

What a fun sister! And she looks great for being 8 months pregnant! I am glad you got to spend time with her!

Anonymous said...

That is a very sweet tribute to your Sister. I like the "Erica is Strength" part.

Loyalty means a lot, especially when you are seen at your worst!

Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, what a tribute!! I'm just a teensy bit jealous of you having a sister to share so much with.

Erica said...

Oh, Sonja, I'm so emotional right now everything makes me cry! Thank you so much, but you know, it does take a good sister to know one! You're pretty wonderful yourself! And thank you for always being there even when I was (and maybe am) difficult to love. We can't wait to see you...Soon! I love you!

Angela said...

This is so heartfelt- I envy this great relationship!