Aug 30, 2008

Welcome Evie


I have in my arms, even as I type this one handed, a little bit of heaven. She is the definition of sweetness. I am rocking her and drinking in her freshness.

Has it really been two years since I last held a newborn? It feels like it's been forever. My sister is my hero. She brings her babies into the world au natural. She is up and moving and already looking so good. Am I jealous, Dad? A little.

The darling cherub stirs and...oooops! I better go, those healthy bowls are moving.

11 comments:

Christine said...

Sonja, it's been a while. It doesn't really feel like it though since I check your blog almost everyday to see what you're up to. Looks like things are going well for you. I hope you guys find a house that you like and that has all the perks you've dreamed of (a screaming closet for the kids, and you). I thought of you a lot today as I was devouring the most delicious chocolate cake I have had in a long time. I finally used the recipe you sent me to celebrate a friends birthday. Thank you. It was divine! We miss you and we hope you guys will move somewhere we can still see a lot of you next summer when we come out to visit. We love you!!!!!
Christine

What is your current email?
I really love your pictures. Have you been brushing up your photography skills? What's your secret?

Montserrat said...

Your new niece is beautiful! And I love her name. We have one of those at our house. :)

Amber M. said...

Oh, she is beautiful. Give that sweet one a kiss on the temple for me.

Loretta and Richie said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful. Please give my congrats to Erica and her fam!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. She is precious. How fun to be there with your sister and her new little one. I hope you have had a wonderful time!

Scribbit said...

How beautiful she is--and I have a new nephew born today myself! Branson.

Michal said...

i'm so glad that you get to be with your sister at this special time and to smell the sweet newborn smell and cherish those moments. newborns are so fresh from heavenly father that you can really sense the miracle of life so keenly.

Rindee said...

Congratulations Erica! Your angel is so precious. And what beautiful pictures that captured the moment.
We should start a natural birther club and go out for ice cream monthly. Shouldn't we get some sort of recognition for such hard work? I vote yes.

Angela said...

She is an angel. This pics make me want to have another one! How awesome that you could be there for your sister.

Amy said...

Erica is a glowing, beautiful mom. Henrik looks like a natural in that proud, big brother role with his adorable little sister!

Ice Cream said...

I love the name Evie. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your visit and I hope you got enough of fesh babyness to last you for awhile. I'm watching Cheeks grow much too fast. Can't it last a little longer?