
Is it the end of Summer already? Say it ain't so!
The past week has been a blur of swimming in pools, lakes and backyard wading pools, bike rides, library trips, A/C repair guys, Jane Erye (LOVE this movie--almost as much as the book), major cleaning, vampires AND lots and lots of Otter Pops.
I should mention that we ARE still reading the Book of Mormon. Even if we just read a few verses (many times, of late, this is the case), the benefit to our family is great. There is no better way to increase peace and happiness in your home and to cope with the daily stresses of life. I can testify of this. I haven't been doing my little reading summaries...I should get on that.
This week I've been looking at homes. Yes, we are moving. Soon. So I probably won't be blogging as much this month, because, BOY! is it a lot of work just to FIND the right place. There will be more about this later.
I put Dickens on the back burner to finish this exciting book. Me, and probably everyone else. The day I bought it at Costco, I saw this book in every other cart. I'm not kidding.
I'm also making preparations for homeschool this year. I'm working on a post entirely about homeschool; What I learned from last year's experience, what I'm hoping for this year, and why I've chosen to do it in the first place. We are lucky to live in a country with many wonderful educational opportunities for our children. How we chose to educate them is a very personal decision, one that should be prayerfully considered. I'm not sure if schooling at home is something we will continue indefinitely, but I'm so glad to have the option, because it has been a joyful experience.
We have a few more fun things planned for summer. Ice cream is involved.
And mud, as you can see....
11 comments:
What a great picture! What is this about house hunting? Where? When? That is so exciting. I hope you guys end up where ever is right for your family - but I sure hope that place is Utah! Good luck - I hope you can find the right home, in the right place, for the right price SOON!
I tried to get the news out of your daughter at church on Sunday. She didnt seem to spill the beans. Maybe I wasn't supposed to ask. But don't worry she didn't think I knew what I was talking about. I want details about the move woman! :) Love the picture and the updates! That looks like the nicest mud I've seen. Hehe
i'd be happy to find you a place in my neighborhood!:)
i have been terrible about posting the things that we've learned this summer. and now i am spending lots of time preparing for the new year to start . . . i can't wait to read your post on homeschooling.
You wrote:
"We have a few more fun things planned for summer."
I ask:
Could that possibly mean a visit to your best friends ever in the whole world. You know, the ones in Sun Valley?
You are moving! So exciting! Where are you looking? Good luck!
And what kind of camera do you have? Please share!
Oh my gosh! Guess you'll be breakin' out the hose to wash the mud off these little piglets playing in the mud!
OMGosh! Where are you looking for houses? I hope it's closer to me and not out of state:) Looks like you guys are having fun. I LOVE that you are a mom who not only lets her kids get dirty but also takes pictures of it. We should be friends!!!
Actually, I'll be calling you soon to talk about the moving thing.
Have fun with the homeschooling. I've learned so much while teaching my kids. And our youngest is still (at age 3) laboring under the delusion that the world revolves around her.
Actually, my teen daughter is, also.
Wandered over from Scribbit...
I'd love to hear what you thought of Breaking Dawn. I'm only halfway through it right now, and I'm not sure what to think. Joseph was right with his prediction about the main thing that has happened so far, which totally shocked me. I think I'm finally getting annoyed with her writing, though. It only took me 5 books of hers to read, but that's how I'm feeling right now. Hmmm. Anyway, you should do a book review of it!
Cute pic- I am so glad that you are looking for new homes. I hope you keep us posted on what you find. Any chance you are coming to the East? Wishful thinking for me! I am excited to see what you are using this fall- I haven't even started!
Post a Comment