If I never see another moving box again it will be too soon. I can't believe how much
I believe in prayer. Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
We prayed specifically for a 4 bedroom home in a nice neighborhood with a room for us to do school. That's what we got. It's so nice to have the extra room. Our neighbors helped us unload the truck and are very friendly. The mountains are gloriously close. The streets are lined with trees and well-kept yards. (Except ours, but we will work on that!) Pictures will be coming! Jeremy, Sam, Elise and BOTH cameras are at Zion's this weekend.


I was feeling very overwhelmed the week before we moved. It all happened so fast. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at asking for help. My dear, sweet, wonderful in-laws drove all the way down from Washington state to help us. We could not have managed without them. I'm so touched by their love for us and willingness to sacrifice on our behalf.


We also have some terrific friends who helped us load up the truck, brought some DELICIOUS peach cobbler by, clean, and watched my little ones so that we could get more done. Jeremy's BIL and nephew drove down to help us move in. Our home teacher spent the whole day helping us move from one place to the other! I'm so thankful for such true friends and family! They are proof to me that Heavenly Father is listening to my prayers. I'm also very thankful for all the offers of help and prayers on our behalf. I sometimes don't feel very deserving of such kindness, but I'm very grateful.


9 comments:
Glad the move went well! My MIL says the best way to get rid of the junk in your house is to move every three years. I'm thinking it must be true. We've been in ours for almost three years and it is swimming in junk again. :D
Moving is good but oh so stressful. I am glad you got so much help. I am always amazed at how much stuff we have collected each time we have moved. So far in our married life we have moved about every two years. Each time a new little baby comes into our family it is time to move again it seems. It is always nice to get rid of stuff and sort through it. I hope it all goes well and that you settle in and feel at home soon.
Yeah, you are still alive! I was in that neighborhood yesterday and wanted to stop in and say Hi but I wasn't sure about pop in visitors at this point. So fun that you have room to spread out now! I'm so excited for you guys.
I can't wait to see pictures of your new home and I hope one day I can see it in person!
I am excited everything has worked out for you. Moves are such defining moments aren't they! Good for you for keeping the faith!
Yeah! I'm so glad you guys survived the big move. Can't wait to see pics of the new classroom once you get all settled in.
Hooray for great help! Wish I could've been there to help, too, but I'm so glad you're in! And here's to de-juking! When you get done doing your house, can you come help me do mine? :D
I wish I could have helped too! Good thing you had Anna there to heft all the heavy stuff!
i despise moving, although we have done a lot of it in our married life. it is a great time for getting rid of stuff, though.
i'm so glad that you've got more room now. i long for a school room or bonus room. i wish we had basements like you guys do in utah. oh, well. the dining room seems to work fine.
and doesn't it feel great to know that you are in the right place, led there by heavenly father?
Post a Comment