Oct 21, 2008

What about school?

"Where," you might be asking yourselves, "have all the weekly reports gone? I thought this was a homeschool blog?" I can see the worry in your expression.

Well, don't worry.

We are still homeschooling (which means math, spelling, writing, reading, history, science and piano lessons ARE in fact being done).

I haven't been putting up weekly reports because:

A) Our internet connection has been really finicky and very sloooowww. We are thinking about switching carriers. "Agony--thy name is 64K!"

B) Because of this crazy endeavor to help pay off bills, I have been going to be a lot earlier. So, I haven't been able to blog (and read blogs) as much. I'm quitting at the end of the month. Hooray!

C) My whole day revolves around homeschooling. I love it. It can be taxing at times. So, when I do have some alone time, I don't always want to write about homeschooling. Plus, I've got three kids I'm "officially" homeschooling. It just seems like a lot to do a report every week. I really DO like to go back and read them AND I like reading others' weekly reports....so, I will try to do them as often as I can.

D) I've been drawn away by other things. Yes, it's true. That precious little "alone time" has so many things competing for it.
My husband, for one. ;)
My piano has been neglected for so long. I've been giving it some attention.
My health has been neglected, I've been tackling my chocolate chip addiction. I've put on my running shoes again and it feels GREAT! I really need those endorphins right now.
Books! There are just too many good books to read.
I'm still getting used to the new area. Still trying to find my way around.
Oh yeah, and I'm hooked on photoshop. It's just so much fun to learn about.

So please consider this, in addition to being a homeschool blog, a family blog, a mom blog, a friend blog, a faith blog, I guess...just a regular blog.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering what you've been up to! Of course I could just call...and I still mean to, I just never think about it until it's probably too late, and we're cycling through runny noses and hacking coughs right now so you wouldn't want to get together anyway.

Homeschooling, taxing?? no...

But I know what you mean about free time--what little I get is so packed with stuff. Maybe I need a slower internet connection, I spend way too much time online to the detriment of other stuff.

Loretta and Richie said...

Personally, I don't miss the home school reports because it mostly just reminds me about all the stuff I'm NOT doing with my kids that I should be! Well, I don't officially have a
"school aged" child yet, but I pretty much know that I could try and try to be as great of a teaching mom as you and would never achieve what you do. However, I have picked up a few great ideas from the reports. So if they ever come back I will totally read them again.

Michal said...

i've been missing you, but i will admit that i am spending much less time lately reading or writing blogs, so i also understand.
and i will admit that writing a weekly report every single week feels like a chore to me. i'm glad i have them on record, and my mom likes to read them, but i would rather write about other stuff.