
For the little tiny particles in the air that miraculously connect me to people around the world.
For humongous grocery stores with their dizzying assortment of food.
For the joy of running on a cool, crisp day toward snow capped mountains, away from the chocolate chips in my pantry.
For the constant tug on my arm, ever pointing me toward something new.
For little, messy hands that reach for mine.
For eyes that sparkle with curiosity.
For the kind words that lift me up.
For other people's wit, that makes me laugh.
For the sacrifice of so many to keep our country free.
For scripture heroes who inspire me to live the gospel.
For the guidance of a living prophet.
For imagination that takes me to other places and times.
For the love of dear, dear family and friends.
For the blessings of the temple and the chance to live with my family forever.
For someone who loves me in spite of me.
For a fridge with an ice dispenser.
For all the variety of nature.
For music and dance that fill me up with good cheer and gladness.
For good books that become part of my life.
For modern medicine and the fact that we now know that leeching is bad.
For toilet paper and flushing toilets.
For SLR cameras that make it look like I know what I'm doing.
For the chance to try again tomorrow.
For gorgeous sunsets that take your breath away and make you wish you were an artist so you could paint that fleeting, heavenly scene.
For warm beds to snuggle in on cold, wet, dark mornings.
For stretchy, forgiving denim jeans.
For sweet memories that bring tears to my eyes.
For lasik that makes those eyes see better than they use to.
For fathers who sacrifice so much for their children.
For mothers who stand firm in the gospel and give so much of themselves to their children.
For grandmothers and grandfathers who faithfully send birthday cards and make us feel so good.
For all these things and many more I give thanks, dear Lord.

16 comments:
its so great to read some many grateful posts... theres lots to be thankful for :)
I love that you included some of the small things you are grateful for along with the big things. Sometimes it is the small things that really help us understand how much the big things mean.
Stretchy jeans, how could I forget that? We truly live in an amazing time with all our modern wonders. And still the oldest institution is also our most prized possession - the family.
Thanks for reminding me. Great post.
What????? Leeching is bad? WTH?
Other than that...beautiful post from a beautiful person.
The big things and little things make for great living! great post1
Well said and ditto!
I love how you included some of the simple things from every day life! Great post!
Wonderful post, Sonja.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
You have such a wonderful way with words! That was beautiful.
This sums up the beauty of life perfectly. Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful post!! I'm so glad we know leeching is bad too. :)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
This is a great list. You reminded me of stretchy jeans, yes I am grateful for those and costco along with all the other items you eloquently described.
I have yet to make my list- but I will tell you- that yours just made me smile, and prompted to think a little deeper and a little smarter!
Sonja this was a great post to read it really made me think of all the things I am thankful for. Thanks for sharing it. Miss you!
beautiful. how many times will my comment be that i wish we were neighbors?:)
Post a Comment