Here are the rules. Post the fourth picture in the fourth folder of your picture files. Tell us about the picture. Tag a friend or two.
This picture was taken on Easter 2004. It is two-year old Elise in our backyard in Tacoma, WA. Notice how I cut all my girls' hair the same when they are two. It is because not one of them has liked to have their hair done and they all have very fine, easily tangled hair.Elise really wanted to take those flowers with her to church. She got so mad when I told her (after the picture) she had to leave them home and she didn't understand when I tried to explain that the flowers would die and get crumpled otherwise. Early on she had a great affinity for nature, especially flowers. BUT she also had quite a temper and if I remember correctly, those flowers ended up with two-year-old-temper-tantrum footprints all over them.
AND 4 year-old Sam did NOT like to get dressed up on Sunday. He HATED button down shirts and dress pants. I bought a cute little neck tie that matched Elise's dress and insisted that Sam wear it. He cried and cried until finally I told him he could take it off if he just let me take a picture of him wearing it.
Too bad that wasn't the fourth picture (it was the fifth). His face was all splotchy and his eyes were puffy.
Ah yes....happy memories.
And now I'm tagging: Layla, Amy, Loretta and Debbie.
4 comments:
What? I don't believe that story for one minute. That angel in the picture throwing a tantrum? Seriously doubt it. What an absolute DOLL!
Isn't it funny how memories flood back, just with a single image??
i love that picture. what a sweetie. and the story about sam was priceless. i'm sure that he loves you telling us about it!
I love that picture. Pictures bring so many memories I love how you totally remember that day!
I went to find my forth file and its fourth picture but, alas, my fourth file only has three pics, but it was an unexpected memory. Thanks for the fun idea.
Now, are you going to share that super cute pic of sad Sam?
Post a Comment