I love that when my girls dance in their costumes they are really in that enchanted forrest. I love that Sam knows he can build anything he can dream up and that he believes he can be anything he wants when he grows up.
I know it's only a matter of time before legos, pirates, princesses, and magical worlds loosen their hold and logical, reasonable, socially acceptable limitations start to settle in.
For now, I'm content to believe with my children, that anything is possible.




11 comments:
Love it- this is your best post by far!
Mrs. Ames,
This is an absolutely beautiful post. I didn't want it to end. I feel your plea to appreciate your children while they are young and so innocent. And like you, I would like to believe that all things are possible. The world you describe is a special place that only loving parents and children of those parents know of. What a blessing is parenthood!
While I like all of the pictures I especially like the one of Anna at the end. If that picture doesn't inspire regular ordinary married people to have children I don't know what would.
You've registered a perfect score with this post!
Keep up the good work.
Yes, I still have some kids in that stage and love it. I could spend my whole time just watching in wonderment. It is a treasured time! I remember when my first was born and just spending most of my days just watching her development and then her imagination started! It is delicious:)
Love it!!! Sonja, you have such a way with words and your pictures are gorgeous! I love coming and seeing what you guys are up to!
Those pictures are the best!
I miss you guys so much!
sonja,
you have such a beautiful, tender way of reminding me to slow down and savor this stage of life. thank you.
Beautiful pics. I'm fascinated by how you manage contrast.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Beautiful post. I love black and whites.
It takes me back to my days of snipping away at paper at my small red wooden desk. Stapler, tape, hole puncher, all partners in my delightful fantasies of creating "books". It is so fun to be young and be able to dream. You are so good to protect and nurture their little imaginations.
Oh Sonja! I love your family and I love your blog! You are such an inspiration.
Thanks for a bringing a smile to my heart with the things you write.
Oh, BTW, the TUCH bookclub is tomorrow at my house if you want to/can come! I sent the info to the yahoo group.
As far as I can see, your kids have a mom with an imagination without limits too!
My kids miss yours. When I told them how your parents are going for a visit I got a whole lot of "But why can't THEY (you) come HERE for Christmas?"
Post a Comment