Dec 1, 2008

Turkey, Temple, Talks on Testimony, and Thanksgiving

I cooked the turkey this year. It was pretty good, I think. But everything tastes better when you are surrounded by family. My sister and her family came up to eat with us.

So did my smart, good looking, funny, snowboarding, jello-making, very available brother (email me for contact info).
Check out that quirky humor.

I had lots of help getting ready for everything. Particularly from my choc-a-holic two-year-old.
The turkey, stuffing, rolls, pies, green beans, sweet and mashed potatoes got done, but not my hair. Sigh.
We went to see the lights at Temple Square. Truly one of those events that mark the beginning of the Christmas Season. I forget every year, though, that my children can endure only about 5 minutes of freezing buns and wading in a ginormous crowd of people before they turn into crankies big enough to rival Scrooge. I really wanted to take a nice family picture, but none of the ones of my family turned out. NOT ONE. My sister's cute family did well though.
Oh! My kids loved being with their cousins! It was so fun to have a baby in the house. My girls (and I) were constantly showering that babe with affection. Sam and Jeremy even fell under the adorable cherub's spell. We also had a great time with two-year old H. I know a little of what moms with twins go through. Sam was so excited to have another boy to play with! And Anna loved her compadre, except when she didn't.


In the midst of all the eating and festivities, Jeremy and I had to prepare talks for church on Sunday. I'm usually ok with this, but for some reason I really stressed about it. After much prayer and searching, I think the Lord answered my plea for help and everything came together. Pheww....



7 comments:

Amber M. said...

Hmmm...I have a very cute available sister. And she'd even get the mug in the jello joke.:-)

What a fun Thanksgiving you had!!

Unknown said...

I love the mug in the jello :) Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I miss you, what are you doing this weekend?

Ice Cream said...

This was the first year where I managed to have my hair done for Thanksgiving, and wouldn't you know it, this is the first year where no one took a picture of me. *sigh*

Glad you had such a grand time with family and loved ones.

Roo Roo's Corner said...

That Thanksgiving sounded "T" riffic!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks good! And I'm very impressed (especially after reading it) that you pulled a talk together amidst all that.

You know, the only person who got pictures taken on Thanksgiving was D. Because it was his birthday. I didn't take any others! And nobody took any of me. And I did my hair!

Say, Thursday is free day at the aviary with zoo passes. Wanna go?

Amy said...

I must admit that I thought and thought about the mug in the jello and did not get why that might be funny except there obviously was a mug in the jello. I am not a jello-enjoyer, and hence have not experienced much jello culture. Todd had to explain it to me, and yes, good one, Mika.

Too bad about your hair. Not nearly as bad as if it were the turkey.

Loretta and Richie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.