
That is the smell of post-holiday fridge, my friends.
Come on, I know I'm not the only one smelling left over cheesy cauliflower, discarded, fatty pieces of ham and woo-wee balsamic green beans. Right? Right??
Ooh, ooh...there's also a small container of whipped cream-turned-butter back there.
Ugh.
My fridge is still living in 2008. Today I will remedy that.
No, no, tomorrow I will remedy that.
Today I will write and reminisce!
We had a wonderful Christmas. This is the first year we've had a Christmas tree in 5 years! My kids were so excited. Claire and Anna have never seen all our precious, handmade ornaments given to us from dear friends and family.
Sam, Elise and Jeremy went to go see "A Christmas Carol." One of our family traditions. It will be fun when the whole family can go.

Here is our Christmas Eve nativity scene. Jeremy was the photographer and narrator.

Do you think eating tomato soup enhances Mary's look?

Our big Christmas present was having Mummu and Pappa come visit us!


My parents are so funny. Really.


We went for winter walks.


Mummu and Pappa took the kids to the Dinosaur Museum (so Jeremy and I could go to the temple).

We played games.
We went to Jeremy's work and played around with the green screen.
Bobo fett? How'd he get in there?
You saw them here first, folks. That's right. The next big stars. Right here.
We wish we lived closer to Mummu and Pappa, but we are so glad that they are willing to travel to see us!
It was soooo nice to relax and be lazy. I read all of "Brisingr" and luuuved it. But I'm dissapointed it wasn't the last book. That stinker Poalini said it would be a trilogy and then changed his mind and made it a "cycle". Terrific. Now I have to wait who-knows-how-long to find out if Ergon defeats Galbotorix.
Listen to me. Can you believe the things I complain about?
I've got a lot of blog reading to do. I'm looking forward to it!
The fridge, not so much.
Happy New Year.
9 comments:
Sounds like a lovely holiday!
I feel the same way about Brinsingr. I had to wait for my daughter to read it as Grandma sent it to her and not to me. Thank goodness she is a fast reader and read it in a day. I could then take a more leisurely approach.
OMGosh Sonja, I totally forgot your folks were in town and we were going to get together before they left. The pictures look like you guys had a ton of fun!
Oh, and did you go to the production of a Christmas Carol at the Hale in West Valley? Rich and I went to the show at the beginning of December. I don't know how kids can sit through a show where even I can barely understand the fake accents. Oh wait, I forgot how advanced your sweeties are:)
Cocoa--WOW! She read it in A DAY?? :)
Loretta--Jeremy also said he couldn't understand some of the accents. I know Sam and Elise didn't understand everything either. But we've read versions of the story and we watch the Muppet's Christmas Carol before we go to the "real" one. Real advanced, huh? :)
We had to watch the Muppets version too! It's Raleigh's favorite!
I wanted to read Brinsingr too, but Ara tried to read it and said she had a hard time getting into it. She returned it unfinished. She gave me The Secret Journal of Brett Colton to read. She loved it and didn't want it to end. Have you read it? I still need to finish Prince Caspian, because the movie just didn't make sense at some points, and I haven't read it for years, so I thought I'd refresh my memory.
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time with your parents. Grandparents and Holidays go so well together.
i stumbled across bringingr at the library and couldn't believe my good fortune. i haven't read the series, but my husband was dying to read it and had it on his christmas list. it was fun to bring it home from the library (they had a wait list 52 people long, but apparently keep one book in circulation that can't be requested) and let him read it for free. tithing blessing, i say. and he was chagrined to discover that this wasn't a trilogy anymore. oh well.
looks like a fabulous christmas was had by all. i had my kids watch the george c. scott version of a christmas carol with us this year and they actually followed it. i want to read it with them next year.
My fridge was plenty bare because we resorted to eating out every night after Christmas. Now I'm trying to remember how to cook for my family. Now the laundry... That is still from 2008. *cringe*
Thanks for the fun post Sonja!! I have no idea about the books your talking about because my head has been in the sand for a while. But I guess if I want to check them out it might take a while. BTW, I saw Jule the other day and she mentioned that she was trying to get in touch with you, I got her number, do you still have mine? Call me so I can give it to you. Anyway, I have some major, decluttering so the Christmas stuff doesn't drive me nuts, work to do. Or maybe I will follow your lead and wait till tomorrow, it's late anyway right?
~Annie
My fridge is a an absolute disaster no matter how hard I try- I love the pics and the update- get blogging girlfriend! WE MISS YOUR READS!
Post a Comment