Jan 26, 2009

A gaggle of goings on.

January has been busy and at times lazy. Lots going on. And then nothing going on.

Here are some of the goings on:

I'm another year older.
Woo hoo!
Consequently I've been
reflecting on my mortality which lead to some
repenting of chocolate chip binging....

...and this fabulous looking drink.
It's not bad folks. And it's super healthy.
Spinach, banana, blueberries, coconut milk, and orange juice.
Look like something from outer space?....
...ooh watch me try to connect this here.
Space the final frontier...
for cub scouts anyways.
Sam had fun at the cub scout space derby.
While we didn't get any galactic visitors....

We did get one from Hawaii!
My mom stopped by on her way to and from Hawaii.
My kids were thrilled.
If it weren't for all the snow and cold and airidness..
we could almost believe we were there.

We also got a special visit from some blogging friends!
We were very excited to meet Amber from The McIllece Spot
and her Sam and Anna
at the Museum of Ancient Life.
They are the nicest people. It was fun to watch the kids
hook up like they'd been friends for a while.
Thanks Amber!


Today was the opening day of the 2009
Legislative session.
So we headed up to capitol hill and talked a lot
about the way the government works.

Yep, a lot of sitting around.

It's a good thing they have such a beautiful building to sit around in.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Claire and Anna look like they belong in Hawaii. Your birthday cake looks delicious. What kind was it?

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Your cake looks wonderful!
Great to hear about your goings on. We too went to the Temple open house. It was wonderful, and I felt that glimpse of eternity with all my children there. We challenged them to all meet together in a temple in 15 years.
I lol when I saw your read aloud. We just started that too. Thank you for posting so many good reads.

Amber M. said...

I just posted some photos from our visit...thanks so much for the wonderful memories!!

Montserrat said...

Sounds like you are building some wonderful memories yet again! Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Cute, cute, cute!!

Sarah said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! You never told me it was your birthday! I could have done something for you (for a change.)

I like that last picture.

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

The drink ..... mmmmmm... was trying to decide if that was before or after you'd drank it.

How wonderful that your mum got to stop by and see you. She is such a neat lady.