
Today Jeremy, Samuel and I went to the Draper Temple Dedication. It was a very neat experience. The choir was angelic. The talks were uplifting. (Although..Sam leaned over to me after the first two talks and said, "I didn't know this was going to be like conference.") And the Spirit was felt.
President Monson shared some touching stories about a few families' experiences with the temple, of course remembering every detail and name. He spoke to the youth attending and challenged them to stay the course. He smiled and mouthed the words while the choir sang the beautiful hymns.
I cried when President Erying cried. That guy gets me every time. I love him.
Every speaker mentioned in their talks the fact that when we go through the temple, the temple also goes through us.
There is something so sweet in standing and shouting united with so many people who rejoice in the same thing; who believe as you do; who hope for the same things you hope for.
Today I got to stand, sing, rejoice and give thanks with my husband and son standing right beside me.
It was a good day.
7 comments:
What a neat experience to take Sam with you. I was sad we had to miss it. Antalya's been out with the croup all weekend :(
It sounds like a very special day and how wonderful to be able to share it with Samuel.
Don't you just wish you had President Monson's memory, or maybe it's just excellent journaling skills.
I'd say so.
So wonderful that you were able to share such a spiritual experience with your Sam. It is something he will always remember...even if it was like Conference...:-)
I so want to be able to attend a dedication some day! Maybe when Chumly is Sammy's age there will be a temple in WI. What a great experience for him to see the prophet at a young age. Some day he will attend that temple and remember when he was there for it's dedication! Very cool!
I've tried 3 times to get to a temple open house and have yet to ever make one. I think it is so neat that you were able to share that with Sam.
Wasn't it wonderful! I was so excited to share it with my 8yo as well-although he was a little wiggly after sitting for so long. In our session Pres. Monson talked about hearing Elder Legrand Richards (I think!) tell him about being a young boy and attending the SL Temple dedication and told the children in attendance to remember this day and one day they would be able to tell their posterity about being present at the Draper Temple dedication. It was really neat. My other two were so excited to get to go to the open house. "You mean we get to go inside?!!"
So are you in that temple district now?
it makes me remember the dedication of the sacramento temple almost 3 years ago here. it was so sacred and wonderful and spiritual. i was sad that our kids weren't old enough to participate, but they loved the open house.
Post a Comment