Mar 28, 2009

Owie


(this was taken with my phone)

Jeremy took the kids on a bike ride today while I was at work.

Well the hill didn't agree with Claire's bike this afternoon. She's OK, just bumped up a bit. As you can see, big bump on the head and chin. She also has a small laceration inside her mouth, a large laceration on her left arm, and she scraped up her belly pretty bad. Jeremy called me at work. I hurried home trying not to think the worst. You know how mothers are.

I took her to the ER. They took a cat scan, cleaned her wounds and applied some steritape on her chin. Everyone said she was the best patient. Calm, cool and collected. Luckily she was wearing her helmet or it could have been worse.

After the visit to the hospital, we stopped by the store for popsicles and a DVD. Only then did I see a smile return to my fair daughter's lips, however feebly.

She is one tough cookie. We love you Claire! Get better soon.

17 comments:

Brent Hope said...

Seeing this picture reminded me of all the times I wrecked on my bike when I was a kid. Looking down on my left wrist I can still see a small scar from a terrific wipeout on my bike as a young man.

You tell Claire that she is very brave and that we love her very much! I'll talk to the city of Sandy about removing the "Hill."

Montserrat said...

Ouch! That's what came out of my mouth as soon as I saw the picture. Poor Claire! Glad she's alright and wore her helmet.

Rindee said...

Oh, that's the saddest thing ever. I just hate to see accidents like that happen to little innocents like Claire.

Get better soon!

Pappa said...

Just like her mother with her father. I remember carrying you all the way up the hill home.

Sarah said...

Ouch! Glad she'll be okay!

corinne said...

that is the saddest pic. i am so sorry!

Unknown said...

Poor Claire. I hope her wounds heal quickly.

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Poor Claire!!! So sorry Claire that you had an accident. I'm sure that Mummy is taking wonderful care of you and can 'magic mummy kiss' all your ouchies away.

Poor Mummy!!! I know how those calls make your stomach and heart collide. Hope your doing okay too.

Strawberry Girl said...

Darn it, those hills have a way of creeping up on you...

It makes me cringe in rememberance to see those owies, i've seen quite a few on my own kids.

She deserves those popsicles!! ;p

Liz B said...

Ouch--so sad for Claire. Although, I am certain that popsicles are the best remedy for any ailment. I hope she's feeling all better soon.

Sonja said...

Thanks everybody for your concern and well wishes.

Claire is really doing very well. She was feeling a little self-conscious today at church. But her owies are already healing and and she's getting plenty of love from everyone at home. (almost too much, she says)

She has also informed me that the next time she goes on a bike ride she will be wearing elbow pads, knee pads and wrist guards in addition to her helmet. :)

At least she's planning on riding again.

Amber M. said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Claire! She's still just the cutest thing and I'm so glad to hear that she'll be attacking that bike again soon. We can't let those bad guys get us down!! Give her a little squeeze from me.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loretta and Richie said...

I'm so glad she is ok!

Scribbit said...

Her poor face! What a road rash! Hope she's better soon.

Bertie said...

Ouch!! What a brave girl! And look how cute she still is!!

Michal said...

this little photo is heartbreaking! i'm glad she's okay. there's nothing like a "there's been an accident" phone call to make your heart stop.

thank goodness for helmets, popsicles, and dvds.