Apr 15, 2009

Cant. Stop. Editing. Pictures.

I'm learning about layers in Photoshop. These are a few of the projects that have helped me learn.

I wanted to incorporate my kids in some of my favorite artists' paintings. Obviously, I wasn't going for an exact likeness. I wanted to maintain a little of my real kids in the picture. I see things that need to be fixed, but I'm not sure how to fix them.

Nevertheless, the show-off in me wants to post these for grandparents to see.

Here we have Raphael:



And this is Bouguereau:


It was fun for them to see themselves inside a painting!

6 comments:

Silus Grok said...

Gorgeous! I especially like the Bourgeau. Wow.

Scribbit said...

That is seriously cool. I love how you did that--makes me think, once again, that I really should learn Photoshop. And photography.

Amber M. said...

That is amazing!! Even BETTER than taking the "for sale" sign out of my yard. (Thanks again by the way:-)

Michal said...

wow! these are great! the second one is so similar and yet personalized. great work. will there be more artists represented soon?

Anonymous said...

Those are really neat! Are you following lessons somewhere, or just experimenting on your own?

Remember that picture you used on a Christmas post with the angels and the violins that you couldn't identify? I found it the other day and it's a Bouguereau as well. I can't remember the title though and it's been so long you may have no idea what I'm talking about.

And that's ok. :)

Angela said...

Ok thats it- I am buying PS today! This is so dang cool!