Our family was asked to sing a song at church and we chose "Love is Spoken Here" by Janice Kapp Perry. There is a verse for girls and boys, but no verse for parents. So I willed a verse with words and music. (All those years and dollars worth of music lessons, put to good use here mom and dad!)
My sincerest apologies to Sister Perry. Hopefully she'll forgive my humble attempt.
The words might be a little hard to read above (you can click on the music to enlarge it):Father, we thank thee for our children.
We pray that Thou wilt bless them,
And give them comfort in their fears,
And help them see hope through their tears,
And help us teach them with Thee near,
Love is spoken here.
Share your poetry or check out others' at Chocolate on My Cranium.
10 comments:
Ooooo, I'd love to hear this sung with the other parts to hear the harmony. Lovely!
I'd really love to hear that sung. The verse is sweet and fits the song perfectly.
First let me say Hi! and thanks for stopping by my blog.
Second, I love your added verse to one of my favorite primary songs.
Third, your blog is wonderful! I'm so glad we've "met"-as this crazy blogworld goes. :)
Have a great weekend.
wonderful! did you sing it for anyone yet? i think you should record it and post it on here!
What a great idea! That is one of my favorite Primary songs but I had never thought of it missing a verse for parents. You are so right and your words are beautiful!
With out a doubt, one of my favorite primary songs, and what a wonderful addition. My musical talent is ZERO, so you really must do a little recording and post it.
also...love your layering photos, so darn cute..just one more reason supporting photoshop for Mother's Day :)
I agree I would love to hear it sung by you guys!! MAn you are so talented!
I love the song Sonja, one of my favorites and your verse fits beautifully.
sonja, that is so beautiful. you should submit it to the friend.
I bet that was beautiful!
Post a Comment