

We waited all winter and endured the mud in spring. Finally last month we went to work. It was A LOT of work.
We brought in a truck load of dirt and our VERY KIND neighbor came with his bobcat to help us move the dirt and spread it out all nice.
Then we hired a hydroseeding company to come and spray their magic on our blood, sweat, tears and dirt.
Then we waited.
And waited. And watered A LOT. After 7 days I was getting worried. I didn't see ANYTHING. Not even the littlest smidgen of green.

And then, yesterday these little verdant slivers made me the happiest person!
So, we now anticipate a lush green lawn this summer. We can hardly wait!!Our garden has been growing too. Last year we had all kinds of troubles. I was really hoping for a nice little garden this year with peas,

tomatoes,

green beans,

and peppers,

and then the wind blew this HUGE branch right-on-top-of-my-garden!
We are resuscitating all we can and are hoping for the best. The onions and zucchini are the only things unscathed. My kids are very disappointed that their least favorite garden items are saved. Hopefully the others will bounce back. Sheesh...
3 comments:
Awesome job Sonja and crew!! Great gardening pix.
Ouch, darn tree limb!! Great job with the back yard renovation. :D
OH my!
All those pictures of your delicate, tender garden plants, followed by... THE TREE! You really know how to set the stage. I sure did not see that coming. Either did you, I'll bet!
Post a Comment