Jun 14, 2009

Claire!

Claire's birthday is approaching and we find it hard to believe that she will be turning 5. It actually seems like she's been 5 for a while. She continues to be our kind, sensitive peace maker. She is LOVING primary. She has really nice teachers and loves the primary activities.

Claire has been in gymnastics for 10 months. She is so strong! This is another reason it's hard to believe she is only 4.
Last summer, while we were visiting my parents, she said she wanted to learn how to ride a two-wheeler. So my mom and I got out the old, little bike Elise learned to ride on the summer before. We expected it to take days for her to learn and tried to tell her that. "Mom, I can do it, watch me."
And she did.
Just like that. On the first try she just took off.
She's been a bike riding dare-devil ever since.
After we came home from my parents' I enrolled Claire in gymnastics. It's been a good experience for her and I think she's learned a lot.
This weekend she had a recital and it was fun for her to show off what she's learned.

3 comments:

Strawberry Girl said...

What a neat girl!!

Beautiful pictures Sonjya. :D

Erica said...

Does she look like her mother? Same round face! Again, so beautiful, and by beautiful I mean inside. I love your children!

Amy said...

Last week I took off Addie's training wheels and brought her to the park; the hills by our house are not good for learning to ride a bike To get her to understand that it is actually possible for her to do it I reminded her, "You know, Claire learned how to ride LAST year."

Addie is not like Claire in that respect. She is overly cautious, can not be pushed, and is not very confident in her physical abilities. NOT a daredevil. That would be her brother.

She rode without help only when she was not aware of it. As soon as she realized that I was occasionally letting go, she freaked out and did not want to try anymore. Sigh.

Claire, we hope that you will give us gymnastics show next month!