I knew my dad would catch me.
That is probably my earliest memory.
I also remember learning to ride a bike. I wasn't too worried about falling, because my dad was with me.
In fact, every significant milestone in my life and every difficult choice was made a little easier just knowing my dad would be there.
His steadiness in the gospel has helped build my testimony. His faithfulness to his family helped me to choose a good father for my children. His thirst for knowledge, his desire to to good, his willingness to serve have all been critical to my happiness, because I can see now that those are the things that really matter in life.
Sometimes I wonder if in the pre-existence we were just thrown up into the air and randomly caught into a family down below. In my heart I don't think so. I needed (and still need!) my dad. My particular dad. My worried, encouraging, funny, faithful, wonderful dad to catch me and help me on my way.
I love you dad.

6 comments:
What else can I say... what an extraordinary man, father, and pappa.
I love Anna's expression as he is bestowing the kiss. Awwww.
I remember being thrown up in the air too:) Actually, Dr. Parmley put me on his shoulder and started turning in circles. I'm pretty sure I bit his shoulder as hard as I could:( You are blessed to have such a wonderful dad! I'll always be grateful for him too.
Dads are the best. They are the glue in a family.
Great Post- I love your dad and I don't even know him:)
I don't remember my earliest memory....
That was a great post Sonja. I am all teary eyed. :)
Post a Comment