Oct 4, 2009

Rhymes with bear gut

This morning's session of conference started out a little rocky. Anna was having a hard time sitting still and nothing was working out for her. Her crayons weren't right, the paper wasn't right, the underwear was bugging her, yadda yadda...

I'm glad they started with President Henry B. Something about his demeanor and the things he chooses to speak about always help me feel the spirit.

"Reach out for your children as our Father in Heaven reaches out to us." I needed to hear that.

"Pray for love to see the good in your companion, that mistakes will seem small...." Jeremy needed to hear that.

My notes from L. Tom Perry to Bishop Burton are very short. Because of the a fore mentioned struggle.

Then during Ann M. Dibb's talk everything got pretty quiet. I enjoyed listening to her cheerful voice and analogies. There are so many ways we can relate Lehi's dream to our lives, I tell you.

Half-way through Elder Nelson's talk, Anna (who's disappearance upstairs went unnoticed) came downstairs.

Claire shrieked. Elise shrilled. Sam gasped.

Before I had a chance to see what all the vocals were about, Anna bolted upstairs and slammed the door to her room.

I gathered a few clues on my way to her room. They chilled me to the core.

hair cut3

hair cut

Yes.

It was that.

By the time I convinced her to come out, I was prepared for the worst.

But it wasn't so bad.

haircut2

We went down together to hear President Monson's excellent talk on kindness, service and loving each other.

I'm going to get a big jar and a packet of "warm fuzzies" next week.

And a few big, cute barrettes.

8 comments:

Montserrat said...

Seems like they all have to try it at some point. Although we've been pretty lucky with only two ever chopping their hair.

My kids asked if we could fill a jar with warm fuzzies.

Christine said...

She looks just like Jeremy now!

GL said...

THAT was one of the cutest stories ever. My spouse nodded when I read it aloud.

Keep up the good work Sonja. We love you.

Bertie said...

That is so funny!! She still is adorable:)

Amber M. said...

Oh, Sonja. I'm glad you can laugh about it. And allow me laugh about it, too...

:-)

Unknown said...

She actually did alright. I was imagining a lot worse as I was reading your post. Antalya got a really awful haircut last week - but I can't blame it on herself - it was me who was driving the scissors :)

Amy said...

Not too bad. Not too bad. And with all that other cuteness below to look at, no one will even notice.

Michal said...

good thing it happened during conference when it is harder to lose your cool!:) she's adorable with or without bangs. love the post. and i've missed you. i'm glad to be back.