
these donuts. Made with left-over mashed potatoes, they are the lightest, fluffiest, yummiest, cardinal high-calorie sin you will have the pleasure of committing.
(see recipe below)

I'm also drooling over this 70-300mm wonder lens a (very kind) friend let me borrow.




Totally off the topic of drool, Elise did a very fine job presenting the book, "Go Free or Die," to her class. It is about Harriet Tubman. Elise loved the book and Harriet's bravery.

One last thing, I've been drooling over the whimsical graphics in this fun game. Click on the picture to play it! It's very addicting. You can rationalize the hours you spend playing it by saying that it probably helps a little with your typing skills.

I'm always drooling over the designer of the whimsical graphics in this fun game.
He's just so gosh darn handsome.

Lightest Doughnuts (as in texture, not low-calorie--sorry)
2 Tablespoons active dry yeast
1-1/2 cups warm milk
1 cup cold mashed potatoes
1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cooking oil for deep-fat frying
In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add potatoes, 1/2 cup sugar, oil, salt, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and eggs; mix well. Add enough of the flour to form a soft dough. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; roll out on a floured surface to 1/2 in thinkcness. Cut with a 3 in. doughnut cutter to 1/2 in thickness. (I used a glass cup and the opening of a small glass bottle to cut out the doughnut shapes) cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 45 min. Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside. Heat oil in an electric skillet or deepfat fryer to 350 degrees; fry doughnets until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towels; roll in cinnamon and sugar while still warm.
Then plan on going to the gym everyday for the rest of the week. Oh! but they're worth it.
5 comments:
Oh great!!! I'm completely hooked on the game now. How on earth did people get over 80,000????
Oooooh, I'm excited to try this recipe. I'm definitely going to try it during the kids vacation from school. I didn't even try the addicting game because I know I'll probably never be able to pull myself away from it. I'm glad you're having fun this holiday season Sonja. Happy Holidays! Tell the kids "Hi!" for us.
The game has great graphics. Funny concept. I think it is funny that the alarm clock is bad. But the game drives me crazy! I only got 5135. Is the actual Mark P the one with the high scores? He's probably pretty good, since this game reminds me of guitar hero.
Mashed potatoes you say? I want to try those doughnuts. I made your rolls, much to everyone's collective delight.
Ahhhh. The alarm clock is GOOD! Slows everything. It was that the sound went UUUUUUURRRRRR... which I thought was a evil sound, but was really the time slowing. Maybe I am slowing. must. go. practice.
okay. i've officially decided that it's a bad idea to visit friends' blogs while counting calories:) these look heavenly. maybe i'll justify them if i get around to doing a hannukkah dinner this year one night. we'll chalk them up to exploring other cultures. what's not to love about a holiday that involves fried food?:)
your children are gorgeous, especially when captured on film by you.
Post a Comment