Jan 20, 2010

Our little tropical getaway

Well, it wasn't Kauai, but we did come close to touching some sting rays. It even smelled kinda tropical.

Claire, Anna and I went to the Aquarium yesterday. We were all pleasantly surprised. There was more to see there than we thought.

Their arms weren't quite long enough without getting their sleeves all wet.
aqgirls7

Claire's not even sure she really wants to touch it.
aqgirls6

Some other slimy, er, fun things to touch.
aqgirls12

"Look mom! It's Nemo! No, wait, that's just a regular Clown fish."
aqgirls19

Some interesting specimens we saw:
aqgirls2

This guy looked more fierce in person.
aqgirls3

This guy always keeps his bubble eyes on top of the water.
aqgirls4

This specimen was constantly moving. Must be a survival technique.
aqgirls5

This fish was a show off.
aqgirls16

A very majestic looking octopus. Take a look at those suckers.
aqgirls14

We oohed and awwed over the baby sea horses.
aqgirls9

All in all, it was a wonderful little getaway. We even had some sunshine today! And the little storm the night before washed away the smog. Now we have crisp, cold mountains again. Ahhh....

aqgirls20

3 comments:

Adrienne Zwart said...

Your girls are adorable! And your photography is beautiful. I particularly love the one of the frogs eyes above the water's surface. Great shots!
I'm glad to have "met" you now, too. :)

Jessumca said...

I love animals, and I love how you captured them with your camera! so many people love to take pictures, but you are the best I've ever seen! I love your pictures! Did I say I love your pictures yet? ;) I can't say it enough. :D

Amber M. said...

Holy crud, Sonja, your pictures continue to amaze me!! You have such an eye. And those cutie patootie subjects (the girls, not the fish) must make it all the easier to get great shots!!