Aug 13, 2010

Peanut = nine

elisenine6

She seemed so small,
when she was first put in my arms.
I could hardly believe when I was told,
Eight pounds.
Exactly.
Her fingers, toes, arms and legs
were so long.

20 1/2 inches all together.
No hair at all.
Little button nose.
Perfectly round little head.

My first girl.

I was so tired
but I couldn't take my eyes off you.

Your dad called you peanut.
The nick-name didn't stick.

But every once in a while we'll refer to you that way.

You're as curious as George.
Bright as Einstein.
Happy as Pollyanna.

And you're ours.
All ours.

Wonderful, spirited, lovely Elise.

elisenine3

elisenine2


elisenine4

elisenine14

Elisenine1

5 comments:

Dielle said...

She's darling and your photos are wonderful! Happy Birthday, Elise!

Desiree said...

She's looks like such a fun girl, and I'm sure if we you she'd get along with my girl who just turned 9 on August 6th!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Elise!

Michal said...

She is beautiful inside and out. Happy birthday, Elise! Glad I got to find out that you are just as wonderful in person.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Such a cute girl!