Oct 28, 2010

Must. stop....

eating candy!

Ah....the sweetest time of the year. Does the inside of a trick-or-treat bag smell as intoxicating to everyone else? There's no smell lab on earth that could match the yummy goodness of the inside of a trick-or-treat bag.

Nevertheless...I gain 5 pounds just smelling the stuff. So I have mixed feelings about this time of year. I helped out with Sam's class party today. I thought, 'Oh, these 6th graders don't need lots of sugar.'
Wrong.
Sam was pretty disappointed in me and my "lame, no candy party."
Yes, well...boo on you, I say. People can have a good time without a sugar rush.
"Even so," (he's admitted these are his two favorite words. We hear them A LOT)
"Even so, mom. Kids expect a sugar rush this time of year. We're kids for crying out loud!"

How do you think that went over?

That's right.

Seriously though, folks. I have pretty good kids, sugar expectations aside.
They even let me take pictures of them in their costumes.
Sam even agreed to be the Mad Hatter to complete our "Wonderland" theme.
(He wanted to make a fake dagger sticking out of his heart with blood and everything, but then figured he probably couldn't even bring a fake dagger to school.)

Are you ready to go to Wonderland? Here we go!
tea11 web
This was un-posed. After posing them and posing them, I finally just let them do whatever they wanted and this is what I got.
tea7 web
Again, un-posed.

tea6 web
He makes a rather dashing Mad Hatter, eh? I let you in on a little secret. That hat is mostly cereal boxes, hot glue and an old little jacket. Also, that's my blazer.

tea5 web
Again with the dashing. By the way, that's snow in the tea cups.

tea9 web
She's stolen my heart, this Queen of Hearts.

tea8 web
They're friends in real life.

tea17 web

tea2 web
Alice? How do you feel about having your picture taken?

tea web
Alice? Where did you get those wonderful stockings?
Why, Target of course!

Now everyone will probably want to change their costumes for trick-or-treating.
Happy Halloween!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! Claire looks absolutely stunning as the queen of hearts. Have I ever told you are one of the most creative people I know? Well, you are. Miss you!

Alan and Jeni said...

Those photos are the best! I love the costumes and your kids are SO cute! You are so creative. Way to go Sonja.

Jennifer Brammer said...

Oh my gosh! I love their costumes!! They all look SO cute!!

Kelsey Edman said...

you are amazing! I wish I had cool costumes like this when I was a little!

corinne said...

absolutely fantastic missy. those unposed shots are absolute genius. divine wonderland for the wonder years folks.

Layla said...

I am nuts over these photos! They are so stunning and I love how awesomely creative you are.

Christine said...

You're pictures have drawn me into their world. What power they have! Good job Sonja!

The Parmleys said...

Great Pics!

Doctor's Rx:

Throw all the candy in the garbage!

Guaranteed to help with self control.

Jennifer Purdie said...

Those are such amazing photos! I wish I had the talent of photography.

cellista said...

They look FABULOUS!!!! You're amazing, Sonja.

Amber M. said...

BY FAR my favorite Halloween shots this year.

Amazing.

Priceless.

Magical.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

They are fantastic and the pictures turned out perfect. I also am excited for the candy to run out because it calls out to me ALL DAY LONG.

Melissa and Luke said...

I never told how amazing and adorable those costumes were. Those pictures are great. Anna kills me, she has got the best pucker. Love you guys.