It goes without saying, I'm a bit behind on the "record keeping" and I'm sure everyone's just chompin' at the bit to know what the heck has been going on here for the past couple months.
A lot. Actually.
As I'm sure is the case with everyone. Busy, busy.
Nevertheless. I was reminded this week, when I received two beautiful Christmas cards from friends I met only through blogging, that I love blogging. Thank you friends!! I love reading other people's thoughtful insights and sharing my own. So, who needs sleep, right? Let's write!

Don't buy store-bought egg nog!! I made some (from scratch, thank you very much) and it's WAY BETTER than the store stuff. Yes, I was worried that I'd be grossed out by the eggs and I actually cut back on the amount of eggs the recipe called for (and fat), but I cooked it at 160 degrees for a while and nobody got sick. PLUS, it was yummmmmy. (fresh nutmeg is key)
I'm kind of in love with Amigurumi. I started making some of these gute critters for the kids for Christmas. They are easier than I thought they would be. My kids chose a monkey with overalls. I will take a picture when I'm done, but if you crochet at all, maybe you'd like to check out the free patterns over here.
There's a dragon lover in my household. I would love to make her this, but I'm not sure I can do it. This one is knitted and I'm not as confident in my knitting skills, beyond a scarf. But maybe I will try. Let's see...I have nine more days. I love the colors on this! It's pretty awesome, actually. hmmm.....nine more days.
OK, baby steps. You'll get the actual low down next time. Until then, know that we are all healthy, happy and crazy in love with life. Here's one of the sweetest angels you've ever met, singing:
"Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth - Peace, goodwill to all men!"


4 comments:
cute cute cute! thats what this post is! those little stuffed crocheted animals are the cutest idea. but the most adorable thing was that picture of your little angel! PERFECT! love it!
That is the cutest picture!!! Pretty much sums up backstage SOTW. :)
Oh my, the angel photo is wonderful! Completely joyful and angelic!!!
I love making amigurami, too. I made the cutest frog for Sage for Christmas. She collects frogs. I wasn't sure if she'd think it silly to get a little crocheted one, since she's 12. But I forgot to hide the pattern and she found it (not knowing I'd made one), and gushed over it and said she was making herself one after Christmas.
I'm pretty sure Claire just walked out of heaven in that picture! One of these years I'm finally learn the art of crocheting. Those animals are adorable, but then again, even if I could crochet my girls some they would just get chewed on, dropped in the toilet, and eventually tossed in the bin by my overly helpful cleaner-uper.
Cant wait to see more pictures from Savior of the World.
Post a Comment