Feb 14, 2011

To Love,

When I was 5, you were my home.
You encompassed me with security, compassion and tenderness.

When I was 12, you were a glance.
You were giddy, frivolous curiosity.

When I was 16, you were terrifying.
You were unsure, self conscious, thrilling obsession, painful new awakening.

When I was 20, you were overwhelming.
You were all-encompassing, passionate, optimistic happiness.

When I was 26, you were small, demanding and so much a part of me.
You were more than I thought, deeper than I could have imagined, and wonderous.

Now that I'm 34, you are my home.
You encompass me with security, compassion and tenderness.
Passionate, thrilling, optimistic happiness.

2 comments:

Sharalea said...

Beautiful!! I love your style, Sonja...if only we could be in the same place at the same time, I'd love to be your real life friend! :)

benandcorinne said...

This was beautiful. I am so glad you are so happy to be able to write something like that!