Jul 24, 2011

Essence of Summer

The headlines currently read:
Singer Amy Winehouse Found Dead at age 27.
Debt Ceiling Crisis Grinds On.
Norway's Mass Killer Wants Time in Court to Explain Why.

Blech....

I'm sorry. I like to be informed. My husband and I religiously read the the news, but some days, most days, it's just really depressing.

So, cheer up folks.
It's summertime.
It's hot.
Which makes jumping in the pool feel that much better.
It's fun.
I feel slightly guilty that we are all still in bed when my husband leaves in the morning. Only slightly.
It's dinner on the grill every night. Or just sandwiches.
So convenient.

There will be winter. Oh yes, it will come. There will be bills, running noses, coughs, late night homework projects, and days when you wake up for the day in the dark.

So for now, we will embrace the essence of summer.

Elise was thrilled to make friends with this tiger-swallowtail butterfly. I love the look of awe and wonder on her face! It's perfect.
_MG_9273

Who doesn't love an impromptu shower?
_MG_8989

Who was behind the shower?
_MG_9000

_MG_9010
_MG_9004

Pioneer day is fun! Elise and Claire spent all day making our wagon look like a pioneer wagon.
The cuteness of it all!
_MG_9251

Visiting with the neighbors in the cooler evening air is so delightful. Claire's face says it all. Her two front teeth are coming in by the way. I don't know if I can take it.
_MG_9308

And snow cones make us happy. That's a happy boy right there.
_MG_9305

Fireworks make us happy too. Now that no one is afraid of them.
_MG_9331

And there you have it folks. A little slice of summer pie. It is so delicious. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Montserrat said...

Summertime is so much fun! I just love the pictures of the girls getting wet.

Jill Hunt said...

I love your pictures Sonja! They are amazing! So fun!