Feb 29, 2012

It ain't over yet.

_MG_2835


On this extra day of leap I went to the doctor and got a clean bill of health. That felt good.
I went to a PTA meeting. Such a fun bunch of ladies.
I went to parent teacher conferences for Sam. It's nice to hear that he's doing well.
Right now I'm praying Jeremy makes it home safely from his teaching job. It's snowing a lot and his car is a piece of junk. I don't expect him home until 11pm and I won't be able to sleep until he's home.

On this day of leap I planned to exercise, but didn't.
I got angry at my daughter for being angry, which made her more angry.
I realize now what she needed was a hug, but now she won't let me give it to her.
Mental note: pay attention, be slow to anger.

I don't like being a single parent on these days.
But I do like being a mom.
Even when its hard. You learn. You grow. You hope your kids forgive you.

My heart breaks and then expands.
I'm a mother.

_MG_2872

No comments: