After many days of hot, dry, smokey weather.
It rained.
We yearned for it. We breathed in the Earth's sigh.
We welcomed the rain like a dear friend
and rejoiced at its return.
Eight years ago you were born.
And tho my life was not hot and dry,
you were like a welcomed rain.
We yearned for it. We breathed in the Earth's sigh.
We welcomed the rain like a dear friend
and rejoiced at its return.
Eight years ago you were born.
And tho my life was not hot and dry,
you were like a welcomed rain.
You came.
I yearned for you.
I breathed in your newness.
I welcomed you like a dear friend
I welcomed you like a dear friend


2 comments:
How lovely! You have a gift. I love the poems you write. I miss your family!
your beautiful words and beautiful pictures always bring large tears to my eyes. what lucky children you have - such a truly beautiful mama. xoxo sonja. and happy birthday to gorgeous claire.
Post a Comment