Every one dressed themselves. Hooray!

Elise (6th grade-and standing on her tippy toes), Sam (8th grade), Claire (3rd grade), Anna (1st grade)
Ok, Claire didn't really go to school in her pjs. But she could have, because she's being home schooled this year!
Nevertheless, I am missing the other kiddos. However they are all in good schools doing good things and I'm extremely grateful for that.
I'm really grateful for personal revelation.
So, the kids come home and tell me all about their day.
Here is a little of what Claire does:

She colors while I read. Right now we're reading, "Call It Courage."
She does math (she's a whiz), spelling, writing, and lots of reading. We will start history soon and cooking. She really wants to sew, so we'll learn together.
She plays violin:

(she smiling inside, trust me.)
We are training for a 5k in November, so we jog/walk a mile right now (with Ike in tow). Soon we will jog/run!
But the thing we love most of all: we play! It is a joy to spend this time with her. I'm not sure if we will homeschool for a month or a year, but as her mother I am certain that this is the right path at the moment. She is the only one who has never had time alone with me. I have felt a change in our relationship already and have had such peaceful moments with her. That is what I really want for her right now, peace and security.
Sure love my Captain Potato...er Clairebear! (I'm not sure why she chose that as her super-hero name.)

No comments:
Post a Comment