Aug 28, 2013

Keeping it real.

We tried really hard to take nice back to school pictures. I had a fantastic post planned all about the joys of motherhood and how bright and brilliant my children are.

And there is joy.
And they are brilliant.

But I guess there is also reality.

And this is how it goes:

school pics 2013

IMG_3163 8x10
(yep.)

ike bump
(Ike fell and hit his head on the corner of the wall coming in. :(  Swelled up big for the night, but then by morning the swelling was gone. Poor guy.)

Yes, it's disappointing when things don't go as planned. Welcome to life, right?

So the question is:

What is the best way to handle these little hiccups?

What about the BIG hiccups in life?

Once we've decided how to handle it, I guess we need to ask where that decision will lead us.

Because eventually hiccups go away and children grow up.

And we are left with the consequences of our decisions.

And there's my deep thought for the month.

Have some cake.  Cheers.
IMG_0779

No comments: