
I can't get over these glorious cherry blossoms. They are full-skirted, unabashed, and perfectly pink.
When I see them I am filled with so much joy!
But today,
today I finally brought out my camera to document this happy scene and I noticed that the blossoms were fading.
The wind, that blows fiercely, has stripped away so many blossoms.
And so it goes. This exquisite beauty and joy is fleeting.
Lately, I have been lingering in family moments a little longer.
I watch them and am filled with so much joy.




My children are growing and they. are. so. good.
I feel overwhelmingly blessed by the goodness of these children.
I am consumed with love for my husband. I wonder all the time how I got so lucky.
We have grown up so much in these almost 17 years.
Each experience from hardship to celebration brings us closer together. Sometimes we drive each other crazy, but there is no one else I'd rather be crazy with.
No one. Our souls are so mingled together and that is exactly how we like it.

And so sometimes life is like a cherry tree...radiant with bursts of color and light with fluff.
I'm so thankful for these times.
So thankful to know that this deep down family joy is not fleeting, but eternal.
It anchors me against the ups and downs, the winters and dry summers.
The blossoms shiver in the wind and whisper,
Stay awhile, take it in.
Remember.
1 comment:
I love how you and Jeremy are perfect together. Your kids are really blessed. I'm glad you got a lot of those special moments on film.
Post a Comment