Okay, I'm going to say that this new week is my official first week. Last week was a test drive. I went to bed on time about 50% of the time. I also had sick kids last week (Sam on Tuesday and Anna on Thursday). Even when I didn't go to bed by 10:30pm I still went to bed earlier that I would have. I was really grateful for this on Wednesday night when Anna got up at 3am.This week I will go to bed by 10:30pm EVERY night. I know I can do it this week. I will also get UP by 6am! The following week will be harder as we are taking a road trip to WI, so if I can do it this week I be in better shape for the long, long drive. PLUS I really want to stay healthy and not get sick! Sleeping totally helps my immune system.
Next, we are in PRIME TIME sugar season. This summer I tried really hard to cut back on sugar. I felt so much better! I feel myself slipping now that Halloween is upon us. This week I am going to recommit myself to no straight sugar. (candy,junkie food with no nutritional value) I know, it's nuts to do this right before Halloween. But well, it must be done. PLUS, I think that cutting back on sugar will help me sleep better.
I'll let you know!
To learn more about SMART Habit Saturdays head over to The Lazy Organizer and see what everyone else is doing.


9 comments:
Good luck!
Have a great week!
Fun that you guys are going to WI. I want to go too. Tell your totally cute folks I say Hi and miss them.
It's amazing how much better your body feels when there isn't extra sugar running through it. I had to go on low sugar diets for several of my pregnancies and I always felt much healthier. After I had my babies I'd start eating sugary foods again and feel just awful sluggish. Good luck, you can do it!
I love how a lot of moms are buying their kids candy from them or exchanging them for fun healthy snacks. Maybe you could try that? I do suggest at least keeping some healthy special treats around for yourself to help when a snack attack comes. I bought a big box of those mini popcorn bags and am going to use those for my halloween treat whenever I get a craving. Good luck. And enjoy being well rested.
You have had such a busy week! I was out of town and didnt keep up on my blogs! Phew you are superwoman! Good luck this week. When I get a minute (haha yah right) I'm going to check this out, it seems awesome!
I wish you the best of luck and know you can do it!!! :) Stay strong:)
I know I have been eating way too much sugar because I've been feeling a lot more impatient and irritated. I am going to cut back on the treats as well. I hope you feel better as well as myself.
Meridith
Cutting out every little bit helps! I usually do well every year until Halloween night and then it all falls apart. I figure that's better than starting on October first!
Post a Comment