
How did you celebrate Thanksgiving? Did you have family and friends over? Did you bring out the nice dishes and silverware? Did you have Turkey or Ham? Or something else?
One of the things I love about the Holidays are traditions that everyone looks forward to. What is Thanksgiving without the Turkey? It is as predictable as pumpkin pie. This year, in addition to turkey and pumpkin pie, we had green beans, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, gravy, jello, cranberry sauce, rolls, stuffing, apple pie and cheesecake. We also had a relish tray with olives, pickles and hot peppers. All of these foods are traditions and very much anticipated. The tastes and smell of these food triggers warm memories. We never do anything real fancy. Surrounded by family, friends and good food. Once again I feel immensely blessed. It is beyond my ability to fully express how grateful I am.
My "little" brothers.

Sam loves to lie in his leaf piles. Most of the day on Thanksgiving, he was raking up a huge pile of leaves. Then he jumped right in and buried himself.

To see more candid pictures of our Thanksgiving day, check out Elise's Fun Pictures.
We wish you the very best and hope that your Thanksgiving was filled with love and good food.




3 comments:
I love Thanksgiving! I love that it brings family and loved ones together. And I, too, love how all the yummy Thanksgiving smells, trigger so many warm memories. I'm glad you had a wonderful day, and how fun that your "little" brothers got to join you!
Thanks for sharing your day with us through pictures. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!
I love that pic of Sam in the leaves, it is beautiful (sorry Sam). I still have brussel sprouts in my fridge because I never got around to cooking them for Thanksgiving. That is fine by me though because tonight we are having them with steak, yum!
Post a Comment